Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    I love the VW expressions but see them very rarely -- you obviously know where to go to find them. The $50 price tag can be had in NH, but they get one small shipment a year. It's too expensive for me to buy regularly, but if I knew where to pick some up, I would stash it as I could afford to. I do know a couple of places in Mass, maybe they're the same places you're going to.

I've never seen a Van Winkle product in NH. The place I saw these has had the Lot B's before but never the PVW15's. I think they have them now as a result of my asking for some a long while back. I'm still debating on getting them. I know that the prices have skyrocketed again on these and I may never get more at that price (or any price perhaps).

I'm getting most of my stuff in Western MA (Julio's too if I can get out there), RI, NY (Albany area), & Western NH. Any other locales you want to suggest?
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    I've never seen a Van Winkle product in NH. The place I saw these has had the Lot B's before but never the PVW15's. I think they have them now as a result of my asking for some a long while back. I'm still debating on getting them. I know that the prices have skyrocketed again on these and I may never get more at that price (or any price perhaps).

I'm getting most of my stuff in Western MA (Julio's too if I can get out there), RI, NY (Albany area), & Western NH. Any other locales you want to suggest?
    Looks like you have a much wider area that you purchase in than me, James -- I should be asking you where I should shop . . . I'm up here in the Bourbon Desert of Maine . . . I sometimes make it to the NH stores (as I said, they get one VW shipment a year, all allocated to the flagship store) & more rarely than that, make it to Julio's. I've found a couple places outside of Boston on 128 that I can find some stuff fairly reasonably, too, but don't get down there much.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Virtuoso

Looks like you have a much wider area that you purchase in than me, James -- I should be asking you where I should shop . . . I'm up here in the Bourbon Desert of Maine . . . I sometimes make it to the NH stores (as I said, they get one VW shipment a year, all allocated to the flagship store) & more rarely than that, make it to Julio's. I've found a couple places outside of Boston on 128 that I can find some stuff fairly reasonably, too, but don't get down there much.

I was told we could special order cases through NH. Maybe we should go in with some folks in our area. They could ship to a store near you and a store near me. Just a thought.... I'd take 3 PVW15's if they were $50....

Disciple

I was told we could special order cases through NH. Maybe we should go in with some folks in our area. They could ship to a store near you and a store near me. Just a thought.... I'd take 3 PVW15's if they were $50....
    I've already talked about this with a whiskey buddy nearby . . . I'd be more interested in the Lot 'B' since it's only $41, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. I'll also let you know if/when the VWs show up this year after I get mine . . . it's a pretty tight window of about 3 weeks when they're around, but they get the Lot 'B', PVW 15 & PVW20.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Virtuoso

I've already talked about this with a whiskey buddy nearby . . . I'd be more interested in the Lot 'B' since it's only $41, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. I'll also let you know if/when the VWs show up this year after I get mine . . . it's a pretty tight window of about 3 weeks when they're around, but they get the Lot 'B', PVW 15 & PVW20.

Thanks, I'll do the same when I see 'em!

Enthusiast

I had an interesting visit to a local store today. I'm going to post a note about it in another thread.

Oh, it has to do with passing something up.

Virtuoso

Passed on a Pappy 23 for 180. I have one (unopened) and so while the price is nice, I can't justify it. Also, a couple of Pappy 20's for $74 which is also great but again, I have 3 bunkered and I'm just not drinking it like I used to at those prices.

Disciple

Passed on a Pappy 23 for 180. I have one (unopened) and so while the price is nice, I can't justify it. Also, a couple of Pappy 20's for $74 which is also great but again, I have 3 bunkered and I'm just not drinking it like I used to at those prices.
    Wow, those ae great prices! Even I might grab a PVW20 for $74 !!!

I passed up a EWSB '97 & '98 today. They've been sitting there for a while, so I doubt they're moving anytime soon, but I did want them. I can't get by the $28 price tag on this when EC12 is $18.

Andy

Virtuoso

Passed on a WR Seasoned Oak at $89, the owner offered it to me at $75 but I still passed. He also had some Staggs at $69 and PVW15 at $69, ORVW 10/107 $39 etc... all at the high end of the pricing I usually see.

Passed on everything.

Virtuoso

Not sure if I can call it passed up but I did leave them on the shelf. I ran across 2 bottles of "Kentucky Silk" today, never seen them before so I inspected the bottle says natural flavors on it but it was 60 proof? Bottling was from Frankfort but something about Ohio on it as well, whatever the case may be I left both of them on the shelf. I rarely drink 80 proofer so 60 was way out of the question.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"