Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

The other day:
    Stagg 09'
    Handy 09'
    Saz 18 yr 07'
    ER 17yr -09'
    The stores got a couple of each, hoping the Stagg & Handy will be there end of week (payday).
    TJ

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Wasn't today, but the other day I had to pass on entire rows of Black Maple Hill 11, 14 and 16 year olds. I would love to have them because I've drank bottles of all three and was never disappointed, but for the prices they wanted they'll continue to sit, likely for a few more years!
    Ah, you were in Albany.

They've been sitting there as long as I've been in Oregon. At $61, $75 and $95 they will be there a long time to come.

I've considered sending a note to the OLCC about these, suggesting that they put them on closeout. They just did that with Clement XO rum, dropping the price from $150 to $50. A similar reduction on the BMH would drop the 16yo to $32. I'd buy one for that.
    Last edited by CorvallisCracker; 02-15-2010 at 12:19.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Quote Originally Posted by CorvallisCracker View Post
    I've considered sending a note to the OLCC about these, suggesting that they put them on closeout. They just did that with Clement XO rum, dropping the price from $150 to $50. A similar reduction on the BMH would drop the 16yo to $32. I'd buy one for that.
    I am actually going to do that, just trying to find who to send the note to. OLCC isn't exactly open with email addresses. They've been there at least 3 1/2 years since I first started looking around after being inflicted with this bourbon curse, not sure if you'd been in the area longer or not.

At those prices they'll still be there in 5 years and might be tempting then. Maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    I'd splurge and get that 16yo if I were you, it was excellent.
    I've had 2 and still have 1 bunkered from when I got a deal on some in SoCal. Very good indeed.
    Last edited by Virus_Of_Life; 02-15-2010 at 11:56.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    I am actually going to do that, just trying to find who to send the note to. OLCC isn't exactly open with email addresses.
    The current Retail Services Director is Brian Flemming:

Brian.Flemming@state.or.us

I haven't communicated with him. His predecessor, Jim (can't remember his last name), was pretty helpful.

If you do it, let me know what kind of response you get.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Enthusiast

ORVW10/107 for $35, OGD114 @ $19.

Before anyone says anything, I got 2 ER17 08s, 1 OWA NAS, and 1 WT Rye 101 for well under $150 after tax.
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Quote Originally Posted by CorvallisCracker View Post
    The current Retail Services Director is Brian Flemming:

Brian.Flemming@state.or.us

I haven't communicated with him. His predecessor, Jim (can't remember his last name), was pretty helpful.

If you do it, let me know what kind of response you get.
    Yep, that is the only email I could find. I will let you know, going to email tonight sometime in hopes of hearing something from him later in the week.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur

Found a handful of OWA with the old label that has the age statement. Regular price at $21.95. I have a few bottles of the new labeled OWA. Any advantage in picking these up? Would it be something that would be worth bunkering, or would I just be waisting my time? Thanks.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Found a handful of OWA with the old label that has the age statement. Regular price at $21.95. I have a few bottles of the new labeled OWA. Any advantage in picking these up? Would it be something that would be worth bunkering, or would I just be waisting my time? Thanks.
    I myself have been wondering if I should bunker some of the 7yo. Believe it or not, I've yet to see the NAS here in OR, and thus haven't tried it. The 7yo still seems to be good supply.

That could change almost overnight. The change from the Guyana produced Zaya rum to the Trinidad version seemed to happen everwhere and over a period of a few days.
    Scott

- Serge Storms

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    yeah, if the price is only $22/bottle. Won't hurt to put a few away in the bunker, just for comparison purposes with the new label stuff down the road.
    TJ

Guru

There's a $155.00 bottle of WLWeller Centennial on eBay that I passed on.
    ovh