Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

My local superstore, Binny's, has 1.75 Makers Mark on sale for $34.00. Great price, but there are so many others I want to try before I have MM again.

Connoisseur

i had to pass up on the ON SALE AGAIN (!) WT RYE....because, well, the last STAGG in PA i special ordered (thus hijacked from across the state from a Steelers' fan!) came in....

not a bad thing today but i will have to return NEXT paycheck for that WT Rye at $17.99....baby saz is quite nice, but this blows it away.
    HUP!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kickert View Post
    Dang Andy, you are going crazy with the BHC stuff. Which were these?
    3 OCPR slope shoulders & 2 VSOFs. I also do not like the looks of the (ri)1, however you type it, Jim Beam $45 rye. Eff that, I say....looks like designer vodka in that crap bottle and it's only $3 less than Handy...no matter how good it may be, it's not gonna be better than the Handy. Plus, I haven't read a positive review of it yet. It just came to ME last week and I will continue to pass it up.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    My local superstore, Binny's, has 1.75 Makers Mark on sale for $34.00. Great price, but there are so many others I want to try before I have MM again.

You guys in Chicago are sooo lucky, MM for $34. In MI, the State minimum is $52.99 for 1.75. I also saw Knob Creek for like $42 /1.75 @ Binny's or Sam's online. In my crappy state its $64.95 for 1.75.
    TJ

Advanced Taster

Had to pass up on alot today. Went in a local store, had to pass on Lot B, Pappy 23 ($249 yea, right), but mostly was 2 big 1.75's of OC Classic 90 black labels that i wanted.....

I did get a bottle of ETL, that I havent had in a while...

Guru

Yesterday went on a hunt and the the only prey I saw was a black-labelled WT 80 which I passed up. Oh, that and some heffalumps.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

Passed up an EWSB 1997 Vintage bottled June 2007...I know where there are two more bottled in January 2007....haven't sprung for them yet....I'm not really looking to start a collection of these and I haven't heard if any years are better than others. Also, even though they are all 1998s, EWSB is $5-7 cheaper in NH.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Virtuoso

I found myself in a store today thinking seriously about springing for a bottle of Thomas Handy '08, but I chickened out because I didn't want to spend that much on something I've never tasted. So instead I splurged on something I know I like, the WLW'08.

Guru

Gus,

If you like a Rye whiskey, the Handy is fantastic. I've loved the Handy since they introduced it in '06.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Guru

I second that.

Plus, if you like Sazerac Rye, its a given you'll like Handy.