Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
  1. #31
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by chefmel View Post
    Hey Oscar,

    Didn't you and I try this one neat at our get together a few weeks ago? If I remember right, I couldn't believe how great it tasted for such a high proof. Or, was I drinking something else with you that I now no longer remember?

    Mark
    Yep that's the one and at a whopping 141.8 prf you'd never know.
    Also you said that night that you did not like wheaters but you liked Stagg's BTAC Brother William Larue Weller(125.3prf).
    ovh

  2. #32
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    345

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Also you said that night that you did not like wheaters but you liked Stagg's BTAC Brother William Larue Weller(125.3prf).
    Correction: He said he preferred rye-recipe to wheaters, not that he didn't like wheaters.
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut


  3. #33
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. François View Post
    Correction: He said he preferred rye-recipe to wheaters, not that he didn't like wheaters.
    Thanks Doc, glad someone is watching over me.
    ovh

  4. #34
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    345

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Thanks Doc, glad someone is watching over me.
    No prob, boss.

    Speaking of which, maybe I should mosey down to your place to help drink some of your 2008 Stagg!
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut


  5. #35
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. François View Post
    No prob, boss.

    Speaking of which, maybe I should mosey down to your place to help drink some of your 2008 Stagg!
    Better hurry!

    .
    ovh

  6. #36
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frankenmuth, Mi.
    Posts
    105

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. François View Post
    Correction: He said he preferred rye-recipe to wheaters, not that he didn't like wheaters.
    Actually, Oscar was right. I said I really didn't like wheaters until I tried a couple at our sampling. I also never tried them "up" - always on the rocks. I could really taste the flavors better without the ice. I still prefer the rye's, but will now have a more open mind when trying a wheater. I also remember commenting on how mild the alchohol kick was with the Stagg compared to a high proof bourbon like bookers.

    Mark

  7. #37
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    345

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by chefmel View Post
    Actually, Oscar was right.

    Damn...I hate it when that happens. Then again, it almost always happens!

    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut


  8. #38
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SE PA
    Posts
    804

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    missed a bottle by the last second several weeks ago....went to my local PLCB store in Media PA....they kindly accomadated me, told me my options, put in a transfer....said it might take a long time....

    it didn't!

    got my bottle today....they gave me the cool little 3-bottle box it shipped in and it had the 'tissue' AND the BT letter enclosed. nice.

    the sipping is even nicer.
    HUP!

  9. #39
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,000

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by polyamnesia View Post
    missed a bottle by the last second several weeks ago....went to my local PLCB store in Media PA....they kindly accomadated me, told me my options, put in a transfer....said it might take a long time....

    it didn't!

    got my bottle today....they gave me the cool little 3-bottle box it shipped in and it had the 'tissue' AND the BT letter enclosed. nice.

    the sipping is even nicer.
    Nice!!! Happy for you Poly.

  10. #40
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SE PA
    Posts
    804

    Re: BOTM 12/08: George T Stagg '08

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    Nice!!! Happy for you Poly.
    thanks! it's a treat to have this bottle to nurse through these snowier days. i am waiting for the weekend to do my tasting notes. initial sips last night confirm this will be a pleasure ... and a sad day it is emptied
    HUP!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. George T. Stagg
    By LeoDLion in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 20:50
  2. BOTM, 2/06: George T Stagg, Fall '05
    By jeff in forum Straight Bourbon Of The Month
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 20:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top