Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter '08/'09

W L Weller's 107, Evan Williams SB, Bakers had delivered in the mail Rock Hill Farms SB and Four Roses SB.

Well I wanted to buy a bottle of the 12yo Weller but the Liquor Barn on Man O' War didn't have it on the shelf when I was there yesterday. I'll check when I'm back in Lexington in two weeks.

My outlaws purchased me a bottle of WTRB when we were visiting over Christmas. Although it isn't a bourbon my father gave me back a bottle of Jack Daniels' Barrelhouse 1 in the wooden box from 1994 that I had bought for him for $37 back then.

Disciple

Grabbed an ERSB10 to do a side-by-side with this year's ER17...results and notes in the First Time Club Thread.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

I was in Frankfort yesterday and picked up a couple of bottles....orvw 10/107 and vw lot b.I've been trying to find Weller 12 yo,but have had no luck.

Guru

trx,

You've been a member and today is your first post. Welcome aboard!

I had to grab a GTS 08, oh the shame, I just couldn't resist.

Will

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by trx450 View Post
    I was in Frankfort yesterday and picked up a couple of bottles....orvw 10/107 and vw lot b.I've been trying to find Weller 12 yo,but have had no luck.
    This worries me. My main haunt was out of the 12 last time I was in there and the other store just has the older bottling. We have already had an AAA scare, lets hope there is no Weller 12 shortage (that is one bottle I would buy by the case)

BTW... welcome to the club ;-)
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Quote Originally Posted by kickert View Post
    This worries me. My main haunt was out of the 12 last time I was in there and the other store just has the older bottling. We have already had an AAA scare, lets hope there is no Weller 12 shortage (that is one bottle I would buy by the case)

I was told by couple different people that Buffalo Trace wouldn't be shipping anymore 12 YO Weller until late winter or early spring.I don't know if that is true or not,but i do know a few guys that work at Buffalo Trace and will try to find out.

Virtuoso

Would that be the Weller 12 with the white and gray label or older as in the 17 yr old? The old label 12 yr is great!
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post
    Would that be the Weller 12 with the white and gray label or older as in the 17 yr old? The old label 12 yr is great!
    It is the just the older label in the SR/Antique bottle. This other place actually only has handles left. Oh well... I guess if you are forcing me to, I could go through 1.75 of my favorite bourbon.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Virtuoso

It is the just the older label in the SR/Antique bottle. This other place actually only has handles left. Oh well... I guess if you are forcing me to, I could go through 1.75 of my favorite bourbon.

I have a few of them myself...You are correct, you will find it easy to go through a 1.75 and I really like the old label bottle!!!

Cheers!
    Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"