Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Guru

Empty Bottle Support Winter '08/'09

Keeping with the seasonal Cradle to Grave bourbon consumption theme line of threads (Purchased, Drinking/Drank, and Empty).... & the fact we are getting a little snow here in the SW. .. a new empty bottle thread is born

The end of some treasured samples met there end last night... I have been nursing these for about 9 months... RHFs, Baby Saz, and Buffalo Trace

I think the ERs and PVW 15 will fall tonight.... decided I needed the bottles for the Blanton's BLind Tasting we will be doing when GoCougs gets here on the 31st...

Disciple

Re: Empty Bottle Support Winter '08

I finally finished off my bottle of AA Preferred. Not the greatest Whiskey, but I think it got me hooked on "Whiskey ( AA Preferred) and coke."

I saw the last of two really good bottles this week. Last night, a Julio's RHF. Sunday an ER 101. It was hard to finish the ER 101. Thank goodness I have two more in the bunker, and more on the way! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Virtuoso

Last night was the end of a 4 roses 40th and a WTAS !!!!
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

As we start a new one, this is just to re-state the purpose of the Empty Bottle Support Group thread.

We all know how difficult it is to finish a bottle of whiskey, especially one that cannot be replaced easily. It's hard, but it's part of life.

We know we shouldn't let a bottle sit around for years with one drink in the bottom but everybody does it.

It's hard to let go.

This thread is here for you to seek support and provide support to others. We feel your pain. This thread is for saying goodbye to special friends as they become empty vessels, a fate that awaits us all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    As we start a new one, this is just to re-state the purpose of the Empty Bottle Support Group thread.

We all know how difficult it is to finish a bottle of whiskey, especially one that cannot be replaced easily. It's hard, but it's part of life.

We know we shouldn't let a bottle sit around for years with one drink in the bottom but everybody does it.

It's hard to let go.

This thread is here for you to seek support and provide support to others. We feel your pain. This thread is for saying goodbye to special friends as they become empty vessels, a fate that awaits us all.
    HTML Code:
    [CODE][QUOTE][/QUOTE][/CODE]
    Can I responde later?
    ovh

Connoisseur

Wild Turkey Tribute...GONE...forever......sadness......tears.. .....mourning........

Connoisseur

Wild Turkey Rare Breed is gone again...EC12 is gasping for breath...OGD114 is making a stand....it's all chaos here...the weekend and holiday pressure adding a few chips to the pile.
    HUP!

Virtuoso

Re: Empty Bottle Support Winter '08/'09

Killed off a great bottle of VSOF 12 and perhaps the best bottle of Pappy 15 I've had which came from BD.com's bottling. They will be sorely missed.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Guru

Re: Empty Bottle Support Winter '08/'09

*sniffle* With help of several friends and a couple mishaps over the past few weeks finished off the VOB 86. And last night we stuck our rifle out the train window and killed ourselves a hand-selected Buffalo.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog