Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Putting this hear because of the price....

I apologize if doing this is wrong and if it is please feel free to tell me. I am new but thought this was worth broadcasting.

Malt Advocate Marketplace has the New York Whisky Fest etched Glencairn Nosing glass for $5 each. They are on closeout....regular price was $31 each.

NOW ONLY $5. Go get some at this great price.

Halfway down the marketplace you will see them.

https://www.maltadvocate.com/active_...arketplace.asp

If this against the rules please clip the thread....

I put it here because it will get seen and benefit the members.

Dave
    Last edited by davek; 12-19-2008 at 14:13.

Advanced Taster

Re: Putting this hear because of the price....

Thanx for the tip. I just ordered a pair of those.

Apprentice

Shipping was a little much...but it is glass and I am assuming the packing will be plenty expensive.

Even with the shipping....it's a deal.

Glad I could steer a deal.

Dave

Dave, it's ok. It's not like you're posting a verbatim advertisement from a retailer who'll blatantly profit from you putting the info here. I am going to move it to the Paraphenelia forum though. I might order a couple just not sure I want to pay the $12 fpr shipping, like you said, seems a little high.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Dave, it's ok.
    Christian, I thought that you were gonna post a link to the 15 yr. AH Hirsch Reserve going for $300 you found.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Dave, it's ok. It's not like you're posting a verbatim advertisement from a retailer who'll blatantly profit from you putting the info here. I am going to move it to the Paraphenelia forum though. I might order a couple just not sure I want to pay the $12 fpr shipping, like you said, seems a little high.
    I apologize....another member told me after I posted it in a PM. My intentions we good and appreciate you seeing that.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, even with the shipping...seems to be a fairly good price. AND....nice to have a piece of history....EVEN if we didn't go to the convention.

But when you have guests over...after polishing off a few rare bottles of fine small batch...I bet you can pretend you WERE there.

Next time I will be sure to put it in the right spot.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davek View Post
    I apologize....another member told me after I posted it in a PM. My intentions we good and appreciate you seeing that.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, even with the shipping...seems to be a fairly good price. AND....nice to have a piece of history....EVEN if we didn't go to the convention.

But when you have guests over...after polishing off a few rare bottles of fine small batch...I bet you can pretend you WERE there.

Next time I will be sure to put it in the right spot.

Dave
    No worries at all Dave, and yeah I might go ahead and get a couple, I was trying to find a good price point on shipping but they seem to raise it a good few bucks for every additional glass. But I could give a couple to my buddy as an xmas gift since he seems to have lost 3 of the 4 bourbon reidels I gave him a few years back. Definitely need something quality to drink out when there.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Christian, I thought that you were gonna post a link to the 15 yr. AH Hirsch Reserve going for $300 you found.
    Nah, auction site links aren't in good favor around here. But I'll post a pic since i'd never seen it and doubt many others had as well. Although I have a sneaking suspicion this will start a conversation about it, if so I'll move the comments to a new thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Virus_Of_Life; 12-19-2008 at 20:32.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Thanks for the tip I ordered 4 of them even with shipping they were only $10 a piece.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Thanks for the tip I ordered 4 of them even with shipping they were only $10 a piece.
    I don't know why, but I ordered a set of the New York 2008 and a set of the San Francisco 2008 glasses at the six for $30 discount price.

Turns out that a set of 6 counts as ONE ITEM for shipping purposes, so I was only charged $12 for a dozen glasses ($8 for the first item and $4 for the second).

So, Paul, you'd have come out better buying half a dozen @$30 than four @$5.

A half dozen are $30+$8=$38. Four ordered as individual items are ($5x4)+$8+($4x3)=$40. You could have had six for two bucks less.
    "Finish your bourbon. There are sober children in India." -- Your Mom

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Binny's sells them on the shelf--not engraved, of course--for about $10 each, so that seems a fair price. I have rather a nice set of the MA ones, as I've attended every WhiskeyFest in Chicago.