Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dickel Special Barrel Reserve

I know they dont make this any more and i am looking for several bottles. If anyone has some un opened or can find some i will pay a premium for them. thanks

Guru

Re: Dickel Special Barrel Reserve

Type in 'George Dickel Barrel Select' on the Google search engine.
    It is still being produced and the search results will show you lots of places that sell it.
    ovh

Enthusiast

Barrel Select 2006 is available at Julio's in Westboro MA and Luke's Liquor's in West Yarmouth MA (Massachusetts) for approx $45 per 750ml. Julio's is about $5 bottle less expensive. Go for it... although, I've recently picked up a dusty bottle of #12 for short money that I liked better than the Select. Luck of the draw.... BB

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Barrel Select 2006 is available at Julio's in Westboro MA and Luke's Liquor's in West Yarmouth MA (Massachusetts) for approx $45 per 750ml. Julio's is about $5 bottle less expensive. Go for it... although, I've recently picked up a dusty bottle of #12 for short money that I liked better than the Select. Luck of the draw.... BB
    Dickel #12 is one of my favs and at less than 1/3 the price of the barrel select, I am hard pressed to spend the money on this one. Plus, as much as I like the 12, I think it would be hard to improve upon that (in my mind, anyway).
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Guru

I just noticed the thread title says 'Reseve' not 'Select'.
    Reserve is no longer made.
    Check the thumbnails below, Select on the left, Reserve on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ovh

Disciple

None on eBay, I just checked...you may have to find someone who has one stashed and sweet talk 'em.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

correct, not looking for Barrel select, looking for Special barrel reserve. The bottle on the right. There are many places on the net that show they have inventory but after several orders and them sending the wrong stuff, i started asking them to send a picture of it before shipping. Figured this might be a good place to find someone who has a stash. I understand there is better whiskey for what im willing to pay for it but i just want it.

Last edited by djcheez; 12-23-2008 at 08:00.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djcheez View Post
    I know they dont make this any more and i am looking for several bottles. If anyone has some un opened or can find some i will pay a premium for them. thanks
    So...your looking for several bottles of a discontinued whisky...isn't that a bit greedy? For what purpose are you trying to acquire this bottling? Do you think that wondering into a room and flashing cash is the best way to get what you are looking for? It should be pointed out that selling whiskey without a license is illegal
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

thanks for pointing out the legalities of the issue. Yes i would like several bottles of discontinued whisky as a special gift for my Father. He is down to his last bottle and hasnt been able to find in years any and isnt savvy enough to search around on the internet. I would like to find maybe a couple bottles and personally i wont even drink it. Who said anything about flashing cash? I doubt anyone would let something go for free so to ask for it with nothing in return would seem a bit of a stretch. I actually think going to a whiskey/ bourbon forum is the BEST chance of finding it. If you have any other suggestions i would greatly appreciate it . thank you

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Who said anything about flashing cash?
    I believe that would fit with your "willing to pay a premium" statement

I doubt anyone would let something go for free so to ask for it with nothing in return would seem a bit of a stretch. I actually think going to a whiskey/ bourbon forum is the BEST chance of finding it. If you have any other suggestions i would greatly appreciate it .
    I would suggest friendship. Many, if not most, people give all kinds of stuff to their friends for nothing. I have given away several bottles of whiskey to friends of mine and have asked nothing in return. Several of these were bottles I wouldn't sell at any price.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile