Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Disciple

Post An experiment I like Rum & Peanut Liqour- Captain Peanut

Well just for the heck of it all I bought a small 375 ml bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum today and did an experiment which I call Captain Peanut?
    I had not drank Rum since 1972 when I got sick on it but wanted to just try this so I put 1 1/4 shots of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum with one shot of Continental Peanut Lolita on Ice and it is delightful! I have named this new drink Captain peanut! It is smooth and kind of potant as had two and feel Kind of Good!

I am always trying stuff with my Peanut Liqour and Rum just seemed to fit the bill. It is not sweet it is smooth and very flavorful and goes down good but I would not drink more then two of these in a short time.

I hope someday someone makes a Peanut Liqour again so others can try this!
    Dave Z
    -------------------------------------------------
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments
    ---------------------------------------------------

"I think tomorrow I may try some Straight Brandy with the peanut liqour and see what that is like but this will be one I will drink again.
    I do not like soda's and so I try these kind of mixes and so far I have had some real good ones."

Disciple

Re: An experiment I like Rum & Peanut Liqour- Captain Peanut

Every time you mention peanut liquor I want to go out and try it. After you last post I can't help but think about how good that would be with Rittenhouse BIB and some Courvoisier cognac.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Disciple

Post Re: An experiment I like Rum & Peanut Liqour- Captain Peanut

Tonight it is 1 shot of Peanut Lolita and 1 1/2 shots of Old Overholt Rye Whiskey on Ice and boy what a great drink it is. I think we should all start telling Jacquins, HH or someone that makes Liqours that we want a brand new Peanut Liqour like this Vintage stuff I have made with Bourbon. I can not under stand why someone does not do it. This Peanut Lolita makes frangelica a nothing drink, it is that much more flavorfull! Our Amaretto Lolita was Famous but Our Peanut Lolita was always better!
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most magnificent Bourbon

Disciple

Sounds like a great drink, Dave. I hope to find a bottle of Publicker products one day.

Jeff Mo.

Disciple

Jeff It is like Liqiud Rye Bread and Peanut Butter with a Kick! I have now tried 4 different things with the Peanut Liqour Scotch, the Drink dubbed Endinburg Express by Continental on the back of the Bottle and my two experiments Rye Whiskey and Rum and I also one time had it with Bourbon. The Rye and Peanut were my Favorite although the Express is an awesome drink and I have one once a week most weeks.

When the day comes I have no more Peanut it will be a sad day but while I have a nice supply I will enjoy it. I wish we all could petition someone to make it again, as Continental Distilling was the only company to make it and it sold like nuts back then.
    Dave Z
    -------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Not a whiskey, but has anyone tried Castries Peanut Creme Liquor?

Disciple

Did not know of that one bet you can't get it in Pa! I will have to look that one up on the web! I just looked it up on the Web that is made with Rum and I think cream, The One we Made is a Liquor made with Bourbon and no cream in it but that may be something nice to drink Do not see it anywhere around here but a different Product completely from Ours. I just got done looking it up on the Pa PLCB sight and There are two types one rum another a cream Liqour but to get it here in Pa you Have to buy a minimum of 6 at $31.00 per bottle plus tax so Forget that but it is something others can try if their Liqour store will get it for them.
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------
    Philadelphia The Heritage Whiskey
    --------------------------------------------
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 01-27-2009 at 12:09.

You've intrigued me . . . I found a bottle of the Castries on winechateau.com . . . they kill you with shipping ($15), but oh well . . .

It's shipping FedEx, so maybe I'll have it in time for the Superbowl so I can mix up some fun cocktails for my wife's friends . . .

Disciple

HI the first one I recomend is mixing some good Scotch which Continental called an Edinburg Express it is awesome with my stuff so should be cool with yours. Another one that is real good is Mixed with Rye Whiskey! And also great with a good Bourbon!

On the directions for the Edinburg Express It says 1 1/4 Shots of Scotch and 1 shot of Peanut I most times make the Whiskey 1 1/2 shots on Ice stirred.
    Let me know how you Product works with the Whiskeys mine is really awesome but is a thick brown Peanut & Bourbon creation!
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    --------------------------------------------------------

Disciple

Lately I have been doing lots of Experiments with Peanut Lolita as a mixer on Ice!
    Last Night it was what I call a P&B Peanut Lolita Liqour 1 Shot with 1 1/2 Shots of A Good Bourbon and I find it to be a delightful refreshing and Potent Drink! The Peanut seems to Balance out well with what ever I try.

With The P&R Peanut and Rye Whiskey I get a very Nice Rye Bread and Fresh Peanut Taste and it too is a very Balanced drink.

And The Edniburg Express created by Continental at their Bartending School which is 1 1/4 shots of Good Scotch and 1 shot of Peanut Lolita is a favortie or Mine.
    One of these days I am going to do a P,B& jelly which will be 1 1/2 shots of Bourbon 1 shot of Peanut Liqour and a 1/2 shot Of Jacqins Stawberry Liqour!

I wish someone out there would make a Peanut Liqour of this type again so everyone could try it.
    Dave Z
    ==========================================
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments
    ---------------------------------------------------