Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What beer are you drinking Winter 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. François View Post
    I made my own this winter. A brown ale and a steam beer. I'm bottling the steam beer tomorrow. Brown ale has one bomber left!

When I was in CO, I had some great CO beers. New Belgium's 1554 Black Ale and 2 Below, O'Dell's Isolation Ale and Seven-Barrel Pale Ale, and C.B. and Pott's Total Disorder Porter and seasonal Pale Ale.

I miss living in CO.

However, this season has brought back the wonderful, seasonal Bell's Best Brown Ale. MI ain't bad, I suppose.
    I miss living in CO, too, Jeremy....New Belgium's Fat Tire is my all-time favorite beer and, for a while, they had a seasonal called Loft that was just outtasite! Also, Deschutes is available out there and I love the Mirror Pond Pale Ale.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Guru

And to keep up with the Colorado theme, I've been switching back and forth between some Oak Aged Yeti from Great Divide, Frambozen from New Belgium (one of few fruity beers I like) and Deschutes Jubilale. Avery's White Rascal is becoming my go to lighter beer and I try to keep it on hand at all times.
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Virtuoso

Re: What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09

Phinney Flats Imperial Stout

I made it this summer (long enough ago that our newly-crowned BOTY 2009 had some of the Pale Ale I brewed the same day when he was our guest of honor at the EBSG), but only just started tapping it this week.

Beers of 10% or more (I know...malt liquors or barleywines, but they're still beer) should always get several months to compose themselves. I once worked at a pub in the Woodland Park area of Seattle where the owner bought up the winter stouts, barleywines and strong ales put out by the micros that were left after the holidays and let them sit for a June celebration. They were always much better after that aging.

Roger

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    I miss living in CO, too, Jeremy....New Belgium's Fat Tire is my all-time favorite beer and, for a while, they had a seasonal called Loft that was just outtasite! Also, Deschutes is available out there and I love the Mirror Pond Pale Ale.
    I am drinking Fat Tire now... a gift from my stocking. I really like Mothership Wit and find La Folie to be an absolutely outstanding beer to have every once in a long while.

While I think fat tire is really good and worth trying (or picking up a case or two when visiting), I like other micro brews better. I am a huge fan of Alaskan Amber and Moose Drool.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Disciple

Post Re: What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09

Tonight I am drinking Stegmairer Porter as it is cold out and Porter is a great way to forget about the Cold and even though it is not really Expensive it is one very good Porter! It goes good with my Shot of Peanut Liqour and Rye Whiskey washes things down! It is very cold tonight and I have always enjoyed Porter in the Cold weather.
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Novice

Getting ready to open a Rogue's Chocolate Stout...and a nice plate of brownies. The perfect combination....
    -- "If the whiskey don't kill me, I'll live 'till I die." -- Woody Guthrie

Connoisseur

took a chance and bought a variety case from the Phildelphia Brewing Company...nice variety of their 4 available brews.

tasting the 'Walt Wit' belgian style white ale...very nice, typical belgian nose and all. so far so good.

a shame i bought that WT Rye....so tempted to drift to that on a sunday evening...
    HUP!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by polyamnesia View Post
    took a chance and bought a variety case from the Phildelphia Brewing Company...nice variety of their 4 available brews.

tasting the 'Walt Wit' belgian style white ale...very nice, typical belgian nose and all. so far so good.

a shame i bought that WT Rye....so tempted to drift to that on a sunday evening...
    Boy You Can not go wrong with their Walt Wit and If you get to Phila you can buy it right at the brewery and their Tour is awesome and you can drink as many beers as you want at the Bar in the Brewery as long as you behave!
    I had the tour this fall on a Sat in Nov and tried all their beers and the Walt Wit was so good I bought two fresh cases that were filled about a week before I bought them!
    If You ever get down there on a Sat take the tour it is alot of Fun!
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------
    Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food
    -----------------------------------------

Advanced Taster

I hit the Rock Bottom Brewery in downtown Denver today with a friend to try the Dirty Bird, a pale ale aged in Wild Turkey barrels and then dry hopped. Good beer with a great nose. The bartender also poured us samples of the '07 barleywine that has aged 11 months in WT barrels...exceptional stuff. It's definitely a sipper and has intense Turkey flavor.

After that, we hit the Great Divide Tap Room for some Espresso Oak Aged Yeti. Truly a meal in a glass with roasty notes and lovely hop balance.

Here at home I've been enjoying Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron, Sierra Nevada Celebration, Great Divide Hibernation, Abyss...too many to count.
    Traver

"If you fear I'll lose my spirit/Like a drunkard's wasted wine/Don't you even think about it/I'm feeling fine."--13th Floor Elevators

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rake View Post
    I hit the Rock Bottom Brewery in downtown Denver today with a friend to try the Dirty Bird, a pale ale aged in Wild Turkey barrels and then dry hopped. Good beer with a great nose. The bartender also poured us samples of the '07 barleywine that has aged 11 months in WT barrels...exceptional stuff. It's definitely a sipper and has intense Turkey flavor.

After that, we hit the Great Divide Tap Room for some Espresso Oak Aged Yeti. Truly a meal in a glass with roasty notes and lovely hop balance.

Here at home I've been enjoying Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron, Sierra Nevada Celebration, Great Divide Hibernation, Abyss...too many to count.
    Nice day, Rake! You're New Year is off to a pretty good start! I...uh...hmm...sold some plastic today...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama