Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Thumbs up Re: What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09

While out in SoCal this week, I got to enjoy a few very nice beers. My hotel bar had Fat Tire Ale on tap. Very enjoyable. Realized last week that the Stone Brewery is in the same town, Escondido, as one of my customers. His company is basically right around the corner from Stone. So we went there for lunch, after our meeting. What an absolutely cool place! Had a Levitation, and the almond tilapia. Both were excellent. But, I should have ordered the Mac n Cheese, like my customer did. He gave me a try, and Holy Moly, was it good.
    BTW, I have to say how impressed I was with the whole experience at Stone. The landscape is simply stunning. Good food in the restaurant. Indoor and outdoor seating. Beautiful women...everywhere. Just fantastic. Beer ain't too shabby, either.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Thumbs up Re: What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09

I picked up a bottle of the Sierra Nevada 2008 Harvest Ale, today. It's one terrific beer. What a beautiful nose on this one. I swear I get roses here.
    Wonderful amber color. And, I have to say, that the head on this beer is absolutely the most awesome that I have ever seen. It is almost like a mochaish colored shaving cream on top of the brew. Chunks of it hung on the side of my glass. I have made a point to make sure I rinse out the glass tonight, lest I might need to chisel the residue off the glass tomorrow. Very, very good.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

Disciple

Post Re: What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09

Tonight I had some Walt Wit Made by Philadelphia Brewing in Phila a very nice Belgian Stye Beer. And A Bottle of Victory Lager from Victory Brewing!
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Guru

Re: What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I picked up a bottle of the Sierra Nevada 2008 Harvest Ale, today. It's one terrific beer. What a beautiful nose on this one. I swear I get roses here.
    Wonderful amber color. And, I have to say, that the head on this beer is absolutely the most awesome that I have ever seen. It is almost like a mochaish colored shaving cream on top of the brew. Chunks of it hung on the side of my glass. I have made a point to make sure I rinse out the glass tonight, lest I might need to chisel the residue off the glass tomorrow. Very, very good.
    Joe,

You are telling me that you were less than 30 minutes away from my town and did not let me know? Bad, very very bad.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Quote Originally Posted by SBOmarc View Post
    Joe,

You are telling me that you were less than 30 minutes away from my town and did not let me know? Bad, very very bad.
    OOPS! I figured enough people had dented your kegerator. I get out there a couple of times a year. Hopefully, we can hook up for a drink on one of my next trips. Do you ever get over to Stone? I was really impressed with it.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

Enthusiast

On the 25th Stone had their Winter Storm, Lots of aged and rare beer. I had quite a few samples dating back to 2001. Which in the beer world makes it ancient.
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.

Guru

Last night...Victory Hop Wallop. Tonight...Port Brewings ' Santa's Little Helper.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I attended the Indiana Brewers WinterFest on Sat...nearly every brewery in IN was represented, and they all brought Cask-Conditioned versions of their brews or Cask-Conditioned special brews just for the occasion....it was an excellent event, if a bit crowded...okay, you could barely move through the throngs of people.

...for some reason it seems that the more remotely located the brewery the better beer they had on offer...I can't quite explain why, but it just seemed that way...they also had a cornhole event going on during the tasting...I'll try to remember to post some pics of the crowd later.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Virtuoso

I think I finally figured out the appeal of cornhole: it's less dangerous for drinkers than horseshoes.

Disciple

A couple different Leinenkugel wheat beers tonight....good stuff.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy