Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trippah and Admin

Tom's Foolery first bourbon release

It is being bottled at 2 years old and 90 proof. More details in the article below.
    I'm thrilled for Tom and Lianne. Their operation is craft in the truest sense of the word.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...raight-bourbon
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Re: Tom's Foolery first bourbon release

This is something I can fully support, textbook on how it should be done. Scott will you be bringing a bottle of this to the Sampler next Spring?
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Trippah and Admin

I hope I can get my hands on a couple of bottles. The Ohio distribution system is odd, but I will give it a try.

If I am successful I will bring some down.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Connoisseur

I met Tom and crew when I was in Cleveland in June and had a chance to taste his products. They make very good Bourbon and i am impressed that their goal is to do a Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon. They had just purchased some new property and were planning to move the distillery with idea that it would be better access for tourist. I take it the move is done since they were going to start bottling after the move. If you see a bottle of their Bourbon, get it. It is young, but very good and will be even better as a bonded product in a few years.
    Mike Veach

Im all for a legit artisan/craft bourbon but the chosen name doesn't give me much confidence if I am a consumer. As a retailer, i am so jaded from "new" and "unique" products (that are not new or unique).

Guru

It's not a name I would've chosen either Eric but any consumer who watches the virtual tour gets a clear idea of what's being made.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    Im all for a legit artisan/craft bourbon but the chosen name doesn't give me much confidence if I am a consumer. As a retailer, i am so jaded from "new" and "unique" products (that are not new or unique).
    Only 2 years aged concerns me more than the name.

Enthusiast

These people are the real deal, and I'm very excited for them, and us.

I don't think that anything they have made sits on the shelves, and they seem to be very organized. If they have relocated, I hope they've got a bigger warehouse, because as has been stated above, it would be really cool to see these two release some extra aged product.

I'm going to see if I can make a tour work the next time I'm up through Ohio. We could use more feel good operations like these.

Enthusiast

“Time does interesting things to bourbon,” he says.
    For some reason I really like this statement.
    "Unless it survived a tornado, weathered a snow storm in Scotland, and then spent a year on boat before returning home, I'm not really interested."

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonv View Post
    I met Tom and crew when I was in Cleveland in June and had a chance to taste his products. They make very good Bourbon and i am impressed that their goal is to do a Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon. They had just purchased some new property and were planning to move the distillery with idea that it would be better access for tourist. I take it the move is done since they were going to start bottling after the move. If you see a bottle of their Bourbon, get it. It is young, but very good and will be even better as a bonded product in a few years.
    Mike Veach
    I would love to try their BIB if it ever reaches Illinois. I presume this is going to be aged in standard 53 gal barrels? If they keep their low barreling proof (current stuff comes out at 107), this sounds like it will be one hell of a whiskey. (Their website, btw, says they got their mashbill from Baker Beam. That makes two Beams involved with this.)
    Michael Shoshani - Old No. 8 on the Straightbourbon.com forums