Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Ogd 86

Apprentice

Ogd 86

So I noticed today that the store I frequents had 1 OGD 86 1.75 and 1 750. The rest were 80 proofers. Should I go pick the 86ers? I like the ogdbib quite a bit just wanted to get the scoop. Thanks in advance for the feedback

Bourbonian of the Year 2007

Re: Ogd 86

The 86 proof OGD versions are history. They are modern era dusties.
    ____ ____
    Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

They're pretty recent dusties though. If you like the bonded then stick with the bonded imho
    Andrew

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by amg View Post
    They're pretty recent dusties though. If you like the bonded then stick with the bonded imho
    Yeah, but there's a reason Cliff has a jazillion rare dusties in his collections...cuz folks used to say not too long ago; "They're pretty recent dusties, though." And, he just mosied on by, and scooped em up...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Low risk investment - buy one and give it a go. If you like it - buy more while you can! If not, you won't lose any sleep. When Ritt BIB was changing over, I bought my first DSP 354 to figure out if I needed to bunker before it was gone. Learned I like the new DSP 1 better!
    Gary (aka 'Country')
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Enthusiast

Haven't seen an 86 around here in quite some time. When it was available, I never bought one even though I have taken home many BIB and 114. There just didn't seem any reason to think I would like the 86 as much as those. Now that it's gone, I am thinking I probably should have tried one just to know for sure how it compared. I say pick one up for the educational value (yet I still have no intention of ever buying the 80!).