Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

Retail Markup. Whats commom..

Hi Guys.. I know the topic of mark ups has been discuss in the past.. My question is this. Typically i a Store owner here in Florida is selling say Four Roses Single Barrel and the MSRP $39.99 Typical price in my area.. What does the local distributor charge the store owner.. Are the store owners paying $20, $25, a bottle.. Can a store owner mention what the typical mark up is from there distributor.. Thanks. Creggor

Novice

Re: Retail Markup. Whats commom..

It varies based on state (and sometimes even county). I am in OH, where liquor is state controlled, and I was told by a local store owner there is a maximum retail markup of 6% here.

Advanced Taster

Re: Retail Markup. Whats commom..

Quote Originally Posted by bigmzungu View Post
    It varies based on state (and sometimes even county). I am in OH, where liquor is state controlled, and I was told by a local store owner there is a maximum retail markup of 6% here.
    Wow max mark up 6%.. Not much room for profit in your state.. Here in Florida ABC Wine & Spirits gives you a 5% discount on 3-5 bottles and 10% discount on 6 bottles or more.. I used to drive up to Kentucky a couple of times a year many years ago.. I have sisters living in the Covington Ky area.. I would always stop at the Party Source and load up.. I always cot a 10% discount.. I also stopped quite often at Cork & Bottle.. Back then Brain Hue was my go to store to get 16 & 20 Year Hirsch.. Brian always was able to get Eagle Rare 17 Yr, Sazarec 18 Year Rye and I think 19 Year Weller.. I would buy 2-3 3 bottle caese.. I remember the white tissue paper the bottles were wrapped in back then..