Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guru

another age statement gone?

20140920_151248[1].jpg

Ive been concerned for some time about future availability of HH's lower line namesake brands. Today, I decided to buy a couple cases when I saw this. The green 6 year 90 proof is now NAS, and I saw it at at least a half dozen stores today, sometimes mixed in with older 6 year bottles. At least its not HH6*....

also, apparantly, HHBIB gold is going away. I had several store owners and one distributor rep saying so, at least. And, the endless number of stores with none on the shelves now seems to confirm it. I found one place with any left, a local pharmacy, and bought them all....the look on the lady's face was funny!

Good new though, is that the HH6BIB new label is showing up in more places, even if many stores who once carried it seem to be dropping it from their inventory saying they cant seem to get it. That same rep told me it was going away as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Advanced Taster

Re: another age statement gone?

We've never had age stated green in Ohio just NAS. I've only seen it in KY.

Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up. The only HH BIB around here seem to be the Gold Label and J.W. Dant. As between those two, is there any thought of which is the better bourbon, regardless of price? Or should I just keep passing both of these up and getting 7 yr 103 proof Fighting Cock in this realm?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    20140920_151248[1].jpg

Ive been concerned for some time about future availability of HH's lower line namesake brands. Today, I decided to buy a couple cases when I saw this. The green 6 year 90 proof is now NAS, and I saw it at at least a half dozen stores today, sometimes mixed in with older 6 year bottles. At least its not HH6*....

also, apparantly, HHBIB gold is going away. I had several store owners and one distributor rep saying so, at least. And, the endless number of stores with none on the shelves now seems to confirm it. I found one place with any left, a local pharmacy, and bought them all....the look on the lady's face was funny!

Good new though, is that the HH6BIB new label is showing up in more places, even if many stores who once carried it seem to be dropping it from their inventory saying they cant seem to get it. That same rep told me it was going away as well
    See, this is what you get for your four roses comments the other day.
    Eric

Guru

Oh I wouldn't say the Gold BIB is going away Fox. I prefer to think the supply of Evan Williams BIB is increasing.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

Always looking on the bright side squire.
    Eric

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Oh I wouldn't say the Gold BIB is going away Fox. I prefer to think the supply of Evan Williams BIB is increasing.
    i cant blame HH one bit....Ive been saying for some time how nice it is they keep the supply up and prices down. No one else offers a respectable 6 year stated 90 proofer for $9, but sooner or later, you gotta reconsider. I prefer HHBIB to EWBIB, and the price was right, and I had the means and time, so I loaded up. Like I told the amused sales rep today as I cleared the shelf of all three HH labelings, "It's not like it's gonna go bad!"
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Guru

Yeah and 20 years from now you'll be telling the new guys here about them golden years.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Yeah and 20 years from now you'll be telling the new members here about them golden years.
    if i get much more, I'll still be sharing it in 20 years!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. The only HH BIB around here seem to be the Gold Label and J.W. Dant. As between those two, is there any thought of which is the better bourbon, regardless of price? Or should I just keep passing both of these up and getting 7 yr 103 proof Fighting Cock in this realm?
    I give Dant a slight edge over HH gold label. Between those three, I definitely like Fighting Cock the best.