Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Hello from ATL

Novice

Hello from ATL

Hey guys. I am active on cigar related boards and read about bourbon there, but I find myself getting a little more serious about it so I figured I would check out your site.

I was also curious if there are any outstanding store selection in the ATL suburbs of Marietta or Roswell. I like to find some of the bottles discussed in some of these threads.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: Hello from ATL

Welcome, CB. We're finally starting to pick up some folks around town. You now officially have the best Avatar, as well. I'm in your area, and I've found good selections at Sherlock's on Roswell, and Green's on Delk. Total Wines near Town Center isn't bad, either. There's also a pretty good one in/near Roswell, but I can't remember the name. I'll try and find it, and pass it along. What bottles are you looking for? I can maybe point you in the right direction.
    Again, welcome aboard, and I hope you enjoy your time here.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Novice

Thanks for the avatar comment, it's my tame and acceptable version.

I was a Sherlock's yesterday. I picked up the Roses single barrel and Eagle Rare. They were out of Pappy (and so am I). I get my Blantons from Bullocks near my house. I need to check out Minks selection as well. I guess I am trying to find some of the more limited production stuff.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cbsmokin View Post
    Thanks for the avatar comment, it's my tame and acceptable version.

I was a Sherlock's yesterday. I picked up the Roses single barrel and Eagle Rare. They were out of Pappy (and so am I). I get my Blantons from Bullocks near my house. I need to check out Minks selection as well. I guess I am trying to find some of the more limited production stuff.
    Slim pickins' on the limited productions stuff. Some places have had the BTAC and WTAS. Also, have seen Parker's Heritage 27 yr and Hirsch 16. The good news is that the distributors are starting to offer more of these specials each year. I think it's only going to get better. Not a lot of dusties in our area, but not everything has been hunted out, I'm sure.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Welcome Craig. Looks like you've already received a bit of help. The folks here are good about that. Some others that you might want to try, are anything with Weller on the label. Be sure to post and let us know how you like your new bourbons. Ahhh, cigars and bourbon. Now all you need is some good jazz music. It's all good. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Novice

I located a bottle of Pappy 23 on the way home today, but they wanted $300 plus, so it's still there. I had zero luck finding the 15. Did pick up the WT 101 to try. We will see how it goes soon.

Taster

Welcome Aboard,

Didn't I see your avitar on Puff. Fine bourbon, fine cigars looks like a race horse might be in your future. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have.

J.W.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cbsmokin View Post
    Did pick up the WT 101 to try. We will see how it goes soon.

Can't go wrong with the WT101. I will throw out a suggestion for the Weller Antique 107. Good price and a heckuva bourbon. I always suggest the OF Sig. Great at 100 proof and also a good price. Do you like the higher rye or wheat bourbons? The WT will give you a good taste of the rye, anything Weller will wet the wheat spot. Good luck and great avatar!
    Rye, The Spice Of Life.

Novice

So last night I tasted the WT 101, Four Roses Single Barrel, and the Eagle Rare 10. I liked all of them. I can't rank them until I try them all some more, but I think I am also going to pick up the WT 101 Rye to give it a try.

This is fun.
    Last edited by cbsmokin; 02-05-2009 at 09:51.