Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Paul Jones USP / Frankfort Distillery

Where should I post/look for info on this topic? I received a sealed pint bottle of prohibition era Paul Jones USP Spiritus Frumenti / Frankfort Distillery bourbon. There is also a cardboard case, in fair condition, but the bottle itself is perfect, and the seal intact. Trying to find out more in general, value, etc.
    Thanks!
    Chris

Connoisseur

Re: Paul Jones USP / Frankfort Distillery

First of all who are you, do you actually drink bourbon, what's your momma's name, and where would you like me to send the check for $3.50 for that bottle? Value is the wrong question to ask when introducing yourself. I'm being nice to you before some of these other guys (Jeff) rip you a new one for even asking value. If you want value go to ebay and look around and then come back here and talk about your love for the brown liquid with the rest of us.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by theDon View Post
    First of all who are you, do you actually drink bourbon, what's your momma's name, and where would you like me to send the check for $3.50 for that bottle? Value is the wrong question to ask when introducing yourself. I'm being nice to you before some of these other guys (Jeff) rip you a new one for even asking value. If you want value go to ebay and look around and then come back here and talk about your love for the brown liquid with the rest of us.

Nicely put. And if you think he is being mean, be glad the others didn't get to you first. I too hear Google has an Awesome search feature. Would definitely check there first. You can also try Wikipedia, Yahoo, Excite...........

(Just trying to save your @ss!)
    Rye, The Spice Of Life.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pauljonesusp View Post
    Where should I post/look for info on this topic? I received a sealed pint bottle of prohibition era Paul Jones USP Spiritus Frumenti / Frankfort Distillery bourbon. There is also a cardboard case, in fair condition, but the bottle itself is perfect, and the seal intact. Trying to find out more in general, value, etc.
    Thanks!
    Chris

It is worth drinking. Open it and post some notes on what you think about it.

Unfortunitly, unless you have a liquor license, you cannot sell it, so the value is relitivly $0. By the time you get a license, play for a selling method, fees, etc... you are better off drinking it... sorry...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pauljonesusp View Post
    Thanks!
    Chris

I would someday love to read a post that starts out : I received a sealed pint bottle of prohibition era X and boy is this stuff good. Couldn't wait to try it. We conducted a tasting.............................

How come that never happens? Its always how much is this worth.....

Edited to add: what bugs me is there are many here, if not most of us, who would relish the opportunity to taste such a "find" but never get the chance to. And all you care about is $$$$
    Last edited by ILLfarmboy; 02-03-2009 at 18:12.

Enthusiast

Welcome to the site pauljonesusp. I apologize for some of the less than cordial comments. I do not understand why many overreact to inquiries about values from new visitors. I suggest that those who are offended ignore the post or suggest using the search function. New visitors are usually unaware of prior discussions or comments concerning bourbon value questions.

When I am not interested in a post or think that it is BS, I typically ignore it.
    Doug

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by fricky View Post
    Welcome to the site pauljonesusp. I apologize for some of the less than cordial comments. I do not understand why many overreact to inquiries about values from new visitors. I suggest that those who are offended ignore the post or suggest using the search function. New visitors are usually unaware of prior discussions or comments concerning bourbon value questions.

When I am not interested in a post or think that it is BS, I typically ignore it.
    Doug

Really don't think this guy has any intentions of showing back up anyway. Take a look at his name.....it is the same as his post. I don't think anyone was over reacting, just letting him know how things are around here.
    Rye, The Spice Of Life.