Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hello From Kentucky

I've been lurking around on this site for a few weeks now and i am really impressed with all of the useful information and knowledge here .Being from Kentucky and employed at Jim Beam's Frankfort location(Old Grand Dad), i really enjoy reading about the history and all of the diferent types of bourbon.This site is perfect!!

Virtuoso

Re: Hello From Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by trx450 View Post
    I've been lurking around on this site for a few weeks now and i am really impressed with all of the useful information and knowledge here .Being from Kentucky and employed at Jim Beam's Frankfort location(Old Grand Dad), i really enjoy reading about the history and all of the diferent types of bourbon.This site is perfect!!
    Sounds like you are in the thick of things. What do you do at Beam? What are the perks?
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

I work in the shipping department.As for the perks, the pay is great and they do give us free alcohol once a month,but it is usually something other than bourbon.....tequila,vodka,schnapps,rum etc.

Guru

Welcome trx... nothing like having another inside man to the group. Look forward to your posts and knowledge.

Welcome trx. I agree with what spun_cookie said. I think it's great to have people in the "industry" as members. It's always good to get a take on things from the inside. It can be educational and eye opening. I also look forward to your posts and participation here at SB. So, lets pop the bung, and get this party rolling. Hope you have some fun while you're at it. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Quote Originally Posted by trx450 View Post
    I work in the shipping department.As for the perks, the pay is great and they do give us free alcohol once a month,but it is usually something other than bourbon...
    Well that sucks, anyway welcome aboard post often and have fun .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Welcome trx. I agree with what spun_cookie said. I think it's great to have people in the "industry" as members. It's always good to get a take on things from the inside. It can be educational and eye opening. I also look forward to your posts and participation here at SB. So, lets pop the bung, and get this party rolling. Hope you have some fun while you're at it. Joe
    Heheheh. He said "bung".

Anyway, let me extend my welcome as well, trx450. It's a good bunch o' folks round here. And I never worked at a distillery, but I did recently learn that a great-uncle of mine was a moonshiner, so that's something I guess. Anyway, welcome aboard!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog