Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BHC Dusty Score

Disciple

Re: BHC Dusty Score

Got my Weller Centennial 10/100 BHC Frankfort. Good dusty Hunting this weekend.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Disciple

not to beat a dead horse, but here's my latest...just want to keep it all in one place....
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Guru

Andy,

Where there are those, there is Weller Centennial, I. W. Harper, and Dickel. Keep looking and you should find.

You'll love Centennial Louisville if you find it.

Will

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Special Reserve View Post
    Andy,
    Where there are those, there is Weller Centennial, I. W. Harper, and Dickel. Keep looking and you should find. You'll love Centennial Louisville if you find it.
    Hmmm....interesting developments today. The Maine Beverage Co (evil liquor control conglomerate) posted their tear sheet on Feb 1st and I noticed OCPR, VSOF & Weller Centennial were still on the list. I've cleaned a lot of house lately, but when I've talked to ME Bev Co before they said that no more bottles were available for order, so I figured whatever was on the shelf was all that was left. That is why I am baffled to see these still listed on the tear sheet. I talked to ME Bev Co again today and although they had none of these bottles in their immediate stock, strangely they still encouraged me to place an order at my local liquor store....couldn't hurt, right? I placed an order for two bottles of Centennial which I'm sure won't show up on Friday when the order comes in.
    The interesting part was when I talked to the guy at the liquor store I was ordering from he said, "Oh, yeah....I remember seeing these 10 or 12 years ago with the IW Harper....." Bingo. So, there definitely was some Harper & Dickel around also like everyone keeps telling me, I just need to dig those bad boys up. Going on a small hunt Friday, got my route planned....wish me luck!

Andy

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    Hmmm....interesting developments today. The Maine Beverage Co (evil liquor control conglomerate) posted their tear sheet on Feb 1st and I noticed OCPR, VSOF & Weller Centennial were still on the list. I've cleaned a lot of house lately, but when I've talked to ME Bev Co before they said that no more bottles were available for order, so I figured whatever was on the shelf was all that was left. That is why I am baffled to see these still listed on the tear sheet. I talked to ME Bev Co again today and although they had none of these bottles in their immediate stock, strangely they still encouraged me to place an order at my local liquor store....couldn't hurt, right? I placed an order for two bottles of Centennial which I'm sure won't show up on Friday when the order comes in.
    The interesting part was when I talked to the guy at the liquor store I was ordering from he said, "Oh, yeah....I remember seeing these 10 or 12 years ago with the IW Harper....." Bingo. So, there definitely was some Harper & Dickel around also like everyone keeps telling me, I just need to dig those bad boys up. Going on a small hunt Friday, got my route planned....wish me luck!
    Good Luck, Andy! There are lots of lurkers who would poach on you. They troll SB.COM to pick up info on availability of cool bottles like these. Next thing you know, they're making money on your hard work. Be careful on what you post, until you've scored. You've put the work into it. You want to make sure you reap the rewards.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Good Luck, Andy! There are lots of lurkers who would poach on you. They troll SB.COM to pick up info on availability of cool bottles like these. Next thing you know, they're making money on your hard work. Be careful on what you post, until you've scored. You've put the work into it. You want to make sure you reap the rewards.
    Thank for the advice, Joe...I try to be careful not to give too much away, but I think I'm the only one do any real hunting up here. There are only a handful of stores statewide and I've been pretty surprised that the ones I pulled my big hauls out of hadn't been picked clean already.

Andy

Guru

Andy,

Watch where they are distilled and bottled. As a general rule, Louisville > Frankfort.

Good luck hunting.

Will

Enthusiast

Went and got the Old Charter Prop I chased down about four weeks ago...was still there...whew! Don't really know anything about it...anybody want to fill me in? Now I have this and 2 VSOFs bunkered.
    I have tasting notes on BE with that exact bottle. BB

Enthusiast

Got my Weller Centennial 10/100 BHC Frankfort. Good dusty Hunting this weekend.
    You really know how to hurt a guy... !!! BB

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    I have tasting notes on BE with that exact bottle. BB
    I have read your notes, sir...quite a while back....Emerald had a review of that posted, too.

Andy