Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hello from Corsair

Hey gang!

I'm the other founder of the Corsair distillery in Bowling Green, KY. (first intro thread) I'm the day-to-day operations guy and still jockey at the distillery.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. As maker of a product, it's a bit intimidating to participate in an educated, opinionated community. We at least have the respite of barrel-aging! I expect our first production run of bourbon will go in barrels Feb or March of this year -- we're busy distilling our unaged spirits for our retail launch at the moment.

As for day-to-day whiskey preferences, I enjoy trying anything and everything. If I wandered into a store for a "regular" purchase, I'd be walking out with Four Roses Small Batch and Russell's Reserve Rye. Looking across the pond, I'm rather fond of Bunnahabhain, Penderyn if I can find it, and I mourn the loss of Loch Dhu.

Best,
    A

Re: Hello from Corsair

Welcome Andrew! Glad to see you on the site and I think I can say pretty confidently that, as you've likely already seen, you'll get nothing but positive encouragement from the members of this board.

Cheers!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Disciple

I am just getting around to some of these threads.

Welcome to the site. We definitely have lots of opinions here. Our common thread is our love of Ky whisky.

Best of luck with y'alls new adventure. Post y'alls progress as much as possible.

Jeff Mo.

Welcome Andrew. Hope you enjoy the site. You have my utmost respect and best wishes for good luck in your venture with the Corsair distillery. It's nice that people/distillers think enough to value the opinions of us so called bourbon "connoisseurs". To me, it means a lot that you value the opinions of those of us that have an affinity for bourbon. I wish you all the success in the world. Keep up the good work. It's all good! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Welcome aboard Andrew, any chance of touring your facility next time I'm in the area.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Hey gang!

I'm the other founder of the Corsair distillery in Bowling Green, KY. (first intro thread) and I mourn the loss of Loch Dhu.

Best,
    A
    I had this last night and applaud its absence. Get some Mannochmore...add caramel for color and bingo! I do not understand the longing for this gimmick. It was wretched. However, I'm curious to taste your spirits. Sorry...I had the Loch last night.... searched the site and got this thread. Why do you like the Dhu? Am I missing something?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    I had this last night and applaud its absence. Get some Mannochmore...add caramel for color and bingo! I do not understand the longing for this gimmick. It was wretched. However, I'm curious to taste your spirits. Sorry...I had the Loch last night.... searched the site and got this thread. Why do you like the Dhu? Am I missing something?

bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Corsair expands into California and Oregon

link

Virtuoso

I hear about this from the distribution rep. Anyone taste it or have any thoughts on it?