Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Rebel Yell Reserve

Any word on price? Because unless RYR is going to undercut every Weller lable out there by a couple of bucks, I'm not even going to give it a second glance. Why pay for RY at 6y90.6 in the same price range as either Weller 7y90 or 7y107?

Now, if they want to up get the proof over 110, maybe I'll bite. Maybe.

Taster

Cool Re: Rebel Yell Reserve

Thanks for the info. It was $ 20 on the shelf here in MA. I'll just have to buy and taste and report later.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by leebo View Post
    Thanks for the info. It was $ 20 on the shelf here in MA. I'll just have to buy and taste and report later.
    Please do...........
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

26.99 here in Frankfort.

I'm fairly new at tasting notes, and comparing how one bourbon fares against the others,but so far I seem to be a fan of the wheaters. Except for this one.I've tried and like makers mark,weller antique and van winkle reserve, my 1st impression of rebel reserve wasn't good.

As I said I'm new at tasting so don't write off rebel reserve on anything I've said.......you guys may love it.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

The standard Rebel Yell tastes very young, so even if this is a little older it might still be pretty young.

Novice

I picked up a bottle today here in Dallas area for $20.88. Haven't cracked it yet.

Disciple

Leebo--

Where'd you see it in Mass? At $20-ish I'm willing to give it a crack!
    Kevin

"Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

Enthusiast

I've yet to see it anywhere in MA.

BB

Taster

I purchased a bottle for $20.00. I have tried, but was not impressed, and would not recommend.

Novice

My first time to post here. I have been a long time fan of Weller 12yr Old, in fact, although I used to sell Makers Mark for a distributor here in Texas, I have to say that I prefer the Weller. However, in my local store, Weller 12 Y.O. is no where to be found, in fact right now only the Weller 107 is available. I bought a bottle of the Rebel Reserve to give it a shot. My impressions are as follows:

On first sip, a little harsh, not as smooth as you might expect of a wheated bourbon, but the extra proof is evident over the standard RY offering. I poured this product over ice made with filtered water with a splash of same. As the ice melted the bourbon become easier to drink, it is still a bit on the young side, but should be judged on its own merit, not neccesarily compared to either its lower proof sibling or its higher priced competitors, at least until you've given it a chance. It certainly won't replace Weller 12 YO as my favorite, but since there isn't any of that around, I guess I'm free to check out the remainder of the field.