Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: n00b from Chapel Hill

EG, a road trip may need to be in your future. Head on down to South Carolina. There is a Frugal McDougal's just south of Charlotte, off of I-77. I believe it's the first exit, into SC. They have a tremendous selection of bourbons that you can't get in NC. Probably only a couple of hours from you in Chapel Hill? Then, if you're feeling really adventurous, go about another hour south, to Columbia. Green's off of I-26 has a lot there, too. Then.......
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    EG, a road trip may need to be in your future. Head on down to South Carolina. There is a Frugal McDougal's just south of Charlotte, off of I-77. I believe it's the first exit, into SC. They have a tremendous selection of bourbons that you can't get in NC. Probably only a couple of hours from you in Chapel Hill? Then, if you're feeling really adventurous, go about another hour south, to Columbia. Green's off of I-26 has a lot there, too. Then.......
    heh. Anybody wanna make a road trip? Shit. Wish I had a car. I spend the last decade of my life takin' the L train between Brooklyn and Manhattan or the Orange line from Roxbury into Jamaica Plain...and my ass hasn't driven a car (outside of tour vans) in years.

What I really need to find is sombody in town who's just as obsessive as me about bourb---

yeah right.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ElasticalGomez View Post
    heh. Anybody wanna make a road trip? Shit. Wish I had a car. I spend the last decade of my life takin' the L train between Brooklyn and Manhattan or the Orange line from Roxbury into Jamaica Plain...and my ass hasn't driven a car (outside of tour vans) in years.

What I really need to find is sombody in town who's just as obsessive as me about bourb---

yeah right.
    Joe seems to get around quite a bit. I know he has helped me out. You may check with him if he is coming anywhere close to your area.
    Rye, The Spice Of Life.