Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

New Guy from Nebraska

Greetings all. Long time reader, first time poster. I have recently gotten into tasting bourbon, rather than just drinking it. For me, it started just this last December when my wife got me the WT 101 gift pack with the 2 glasses. At first I was hesitant, as I only knew the popculture view of WT. But something inside me decided to toss an ice cube in it and sip on it. And the rest is history.

Since then I've purchased BT, KC, EC12, WLW 7yr, OGD 114, and more WT. I've been a big fan of the BT, WLW,WT, and OGD. I've spent a lot of time reading through what people have posted on these forums and I look forward to contributing my opinions and thoughts where I can.

Re: New Guy from Nebraska

Welcome to the board.

Welcome aboard, of course you couldn't help but get hooked you started with the best bourbon there is . Where in the state of Nebraska do you hail from I'm in the SW corner of Iowa town of Clarinda. I hope you like it here please post often and ask as many question as you like. Come join us in chat some time it's the gazebo on the the top of the main forum page. You'll have a good time. Have fun and make some new friends.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by tehbeardman View Post
    For me, it started just this last December when my wife got me the WT 101 gift pack with the 2 glasses.
    She'll probably live to regret that decision.

Welcome.

Guru

Hello and welcome aboard.

Welcome to SB beardman. Glad you're here. It looks like you've started off on the right foot. Those are some good bourbons you've got so far. Enjoy and have fun.

***CAUTION***CAUTION***CAUTION***

I also got more in to bourbon because of my wife. Speaking from experience, be careful. Don't point that out to your wife very often. That's not a well you can go back to too many times. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    ***CAUTION***CAUTION***CAUTION***

I also got more in to bourbon because of my wife. Speaking from experience, be careful. Don't point that out to your wife very often. That's not a well you can go back to too many times. Cheers! Joe
    I hear ya. And she is very aware what she has done. Just the other day, she got me a 1.75 of WT101