Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Welcome, And Helpful Hints For New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boiler View Post
    Just out of my own curiosity, do we know what is driving the recent surges in new members? Is the industry as a whole experiencing growth? I thought I had read reports to the contrary recently.
    I don't think we are having a surge in new members we get new members on fairly regular basis. What we get surges of are new members that post introductions. I have been lax this last month in welcoming new members I will try and do better.
    Last edited by p_elliott; 07-26-2010 at 06:43.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Bumping back to the top again. Joe
    Hey Joe, I forgot you had posted this, and as much as I know you love bumping it how about we make it a sticky?
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur

Hello friends. I'm glad for this site, it's been fun and helpful to read over the past few months. Thanks to everyone who has ever posted here.

Now I've taken the plunge to be a member, and ins o doing I'm trying to be a good newbie, thus reading through the Intro and hints.

At the top of this very helpful thread, it says, "Take a look at the Bourbon Recommendations, New User Guidelines, and Frequently Used Abbreviations posts at the top of the New To Straightbourbon page."

I found the Frequently Used Abbreviations, but I can't seem to find the other two things: New User Guidelines and Bourbon Recommendations. Are they still there?

Connoisseur

Something I've discovered is that Google is also your friend for finding SB.com information. I've performed several searches on various bourbons with Google, only to be given lots of links to SB.com discussions.
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Virtuoso

I totally read this thread and it was a great help! I have to admit I'm used to posting on much larger forums that cover no specific subject so it's nice to get away to a place where we can all agree on at least one thing: Bourbon is awesome