Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blanton's`

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Blanton's`

Although Blanton's is made by Buffalo Trace it is owned by Takara Shuzo, a Japanese company. They set the prices, both there and here.

But prices on American whiskey in Japan have generally come down relative to U.S. prices in recent years, which I suspect has something to do with the dollar's value relative to the yen.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Although Blanton's is made by Buffalo Trace it is owned by Takara Shuzo, a Japanese company. They set the prices, both there and here.

But prices on American whiskey in Japan have generally come down relative to U.S. prices in recent years, which I suspect has something to do with the dollar's value relative to the yen.
    That certainly says something about our current economy... BB

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post

Not sure about currecny exchange, so much as degregulation in the industry. Can't find the article right now. If you're curious you can search JETRO. I found this out as I was searching about getting a liquor license here.