Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

hello from Arkansas

Though relatively new to the world of bourbon "afficinados" I have been enjoying bourbon, TN whiskey and Canadian blends for many years. My taste has changed slightly over the years and I now find myself turning away from the TN whiskeys and searching for more elaborate tastes such as what I find in bourbons and in some Canadians.

Currently I am working on Old Weller Antique 107, Evan Williams SB 1998, Elijah Craig 12 and Crown Royal Cask 16.

I found SB.com as I was searching for information on Buffalo Trace. Here in Arkansas it seems we get some of the BT offerings and many of the lines that BT has purchased but none of the actual BT bottlings. I just discovered that I can drive 2 1/2 hours north to Branson Missouri and find several BT's. A road trip is forthcoming.

I'm enjoying reading the various posts and learning more about the fascinating world of bourbon.

Advanced Taster

Re: hello from Arkansas

Welcome dog!

This is a good place. Check out FishbowlJoes thread for newcomers just a few threads down.

Yes, and get yourself some Buffalo Trace bourbon. It's solid. Not everyones favorite, but very very few dislike it.
    Last edited by Blitz; 02-02-2009 at 09:48.

Re: hello from Arkansas

Welcome Dog! Sounds like you're already started in a good direction. If it's elaborate or different tastes you're looking for, bourbon is what you want. Get ready for some great times. You've come to the right place. Hope you enjoy the site and have a little fun with us. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"