Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Virtuoso

What would be your last drink?

I've been inspired by a post in the tasting forum tonight by bluesbassdad. (Why do I always want to spell it bluesbadass?)

What would be your drink of choice for your last drink?

I think I would vote for Bookers - I'd like to go out full flavored and strong. Ok, I also wouldn't have to worry about drinking to much of the 127 proof and ending up with a hangover because I'd be dead.

Bookers isn't a regular at my house, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I save it for occasional dinner on the expense account to savor with a full flavored steak.

bluesbassdad's post

Guru

Re: What would be your last drink?

I'm sure mine would be Rare Breed. It is my yummiest favorite.

Tim

Guru

After trying George T. Stagg at Buffalo Trace's tasting this past September, I would definately make that my last drink!

Enthusiast

Tim, Must be something in the Birmingham area water! I haven't quite decided, but Rare Breed ranks up there! Roll Tide! See ya. H'wood

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

It would be hard to beat the Stagg. I don't like to think in these terms much, occassionally I wonder what I would select if I only could make 1 trip to the Bourbo-Bunker to remove something. I guess the sensible answer is there's nothing down there that a) can't be replaced, or
    b) I couldn't live without if it couldn't be.
    If God is good to me , and he/she has been so far , I'll never have to make that decision. If the last Bourbon to touch these lips is Jim Beam White 4 Year Old , I'll still die a happy man!

Disciple

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It would be hard to beat the Stagg.

[/QUOTE]

I am hard pressed to disagree but I will, and I have good reason. I am a person that, despite my young age, has had to deal with death quite a bit in my short life, so I have meditated on it quite a bit. The conclusion that I have come to is that I really dont want my death to be a big deal (if I could control it), and if it were to happen sometime (God forbid!) soon I would like to do what I do most everday I have off, because those simple days are generally when I am the happiest. So I would like my last drink to be sitting on my front porch swing with my wife, and I would like it to be my favorite everyday pour, Ancient Ancient Age 10 Year.

Weird, huh?

TomC

Virtuoso

What, no dogs by your side?

No, your choice is not weird at all. You have an excellent perspective. I thoroughly enjoyed your post.

Advanced Taster

I think it just may be a preference of Crimson Tide football fans! Any Wild Turkey product would suit me just fine as a parting drink. The bird rules.

Roll Tide from enemy territory,

-Troy

Enthusiast

Indeed, my friend! Keep the bird flying high! What is your preference/and or feelings for WT101, Rare Breed, and Kentucky Spirit? Again Roll Bird er..Tide! Shout back, H'wood

Taster

My two "favorites of the moment", as it were, are Kentucky Spirit and Woodford Reserve. I think, if I had to choose one, it'd probably be the Woodford right now. Which just goes to show you how tastes can change - some of you may remember when I first arrived at this forum not that long ago, my stated strong displeasure with the Woodford. I've always said up fron that I'm a fickle man....