I purchased a bottle awhile back (thinking just before x-mas) I knew I was going to have a few inexperienced men and women over so I needed to have a Bourbon with some zing in it. I personally do not like lemony/fruity tasting whiskey. I am more of a oak/tobacco/nutty/floral kind of guy. I poured me a wee bit and let it open up. I had to taste it, after all I did buy it ( it was recommended to me by a co-worker) One thing that I did like about it was the rye taste in the finish, as I like rye whisky so I would not say it was a total bust. As for the inexperienced drinkers they seemed to like it. I had to make them taste it neat first. I caught one person trying to mix it right of the bat with out tasting it 1st. When will people learn. As everyone knows on this site Bourbon (neat) is a acquired taste. needless to say I still have 5/8 bottle of this left. They all wanted JD and coke and other mixed drinks. I do not do mix drinks at my house, so I believe that this is the last time these people will come over my house to drink. ---- That's okay more for me