Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 105 of 105
  1. #101
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    47

    Re: Rittenhouse Rye BIB in KY

    Not KY, but grabbed three bottles in Atlanta today for $18 each. Very happy. This is my standby cocktail rye. It is moving quickly.

  2. #102
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    299

    Re: Rittenhouse Rye BIB in KY

    Quote Originally Posted by biskuit View Post
    Not KY, but grabbed three bottles in Atlanta today for $18 each. Very happy. This is my standby cocktail rye. It is moving quickly.
    This is a great thread.

    I've got 8 bottles in the wings, but I won't call them in the 'bunker' because they are the workhorse in my house. I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a case b/c I'm afraid of the impending change.
    tl; dnr

  3. #103
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    5,858

    Re: Rittenhouse Rye BIB in KY

    Quote Originally Posted by yountvillewjs View Post
    This is a great thread.

    I've got 8 bottles in the wings, but I won't call them in the 'bunker' because they are the workhorse in my house. I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a case b/c I'm afraid of the impending change.
    Yeah, but if the "change" makes it actually taste like a rye whiskey, and not just the bourbon-like thing it's been, you'll come out ahead by waiting.

    Personally, I'm looking forward to the new iteration, in hopes that it is more rye-like.
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  4. #104
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    299

    Re: Rittenhouse Rye BIB in KY

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Yeah, but if the "change" makes it actually taste like a rye whiskey, and not just the bourbon-like thing it's been, you'll come out ahead by waiting.

    Personally, I'm looking forward to the new iteration, in hopes that it is more rye-like.
    You certainly have a point -- but I'm looking to minimize downside risk here. If the new one is 'better' -- I have a somewhat accessible product for the forseeable future and I like the current iteration plenty to not feel like I'm stuck with it. If it isn't to my liking, at least I have a reasonable stock of product that I do like. And for $20/btl - a gamble I can actually afford!
    tl; dnr

  5. #105
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,534

    Re: Rittenhouse Rye BIB in KY

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Yeah, but if the "change" makes it actually taste like a rye whiskey, and not just the bourbon-like thing it's been, you'll come out ahead by waiting.

    Personally, I'm looking forward to the new iteration, in hopes that it is more rye-like.
    I certainly second that! Hope DSP-1 Ritt tastes more like a straight rye than the current example. Still and all, I've been bunkering the current for future comparisons.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. rittenhouse bib
    By leebo in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 19:28
  2. Thanks for the tip - Rittenhouse BIB!
    By Eagle in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 21:55
  3. Tell me I am nuts but..KS and Rittenhouse 100 BIB
    By Jono in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 08:29
  4. Saz Jr v Rittenhouse BIB
    By cowdery in forum Other American Whiskey Tastings
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 13:57
  5. Rittenhouse Rye BiB
    By BourbonJoe in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 04:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top