Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: Special Occasion Bourbon

I cracked open a bottle of Evan William's single barrel '91 vintage to celebrate Bama's thrashing of Tennessee.

Roll Tide you Big Orange blockheads!!!

-Troy

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Amelia and congratulations on your first thread! I take everyday as it comes, so anyday I'm not fired or laid off, my house doesn't burn down, and I don't have a car wreak, or that nothing bad happens to those close to me is good cause for celebration! I have a lot of bourbons that I consider special and I do not hesitate to open a bottle just because it isn't Christmas; New Year's Eve, or some other special date. If I feel like drinking it - I will!

Enthusiast

I'll be the third to say that VWFR 13 Year Old Rye is my current favorite!

Bob

Enthusiast

AC, Sometimes a bourbon is "made better" by the occasion. My favorites include Woodford, WT products, etc. Although some of my fondest memories include my older brother and I sharing Old Charter, OGD 100, etc. I would consider these decent pours-not premium-but made all the more fonder because of the time spent. Years ago, if we could have scraped up a little more change, just think of the time we could have had! See ya, H'wood

Enthusiast

I hear you Troy! Roll Tide! And speaking of the Evan Williams Single Barrel-I have bought a bottle, and added to the collection, however I haven't broke the seal yet. Let me hear some thoughts/opinions on it. Thanks, H'wood

Guru

You know, Tom, the Braves used to be a Boston team. Maybe you could help me pull for them.

Tim

Guru

Heh, heh. That reminds me of the "unbirthday" party in Disney's Alice in Wonderland. "Every year I have only one birthday, but I have 364 unbirthdays."

Tim

Administrator in exile

I had planned on buying a bottle of Kentucky Spirit to celebrate Kentucky's Win over Georgia. After the 1st half I had my shoes on ready to head out to the LB. After the third quarter I went out and bought Evan Williams 7yo, 'cause I knew I was going to be drinking a lot

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Somehow I feel as though AmeliaC already knows this but I'll post it anyway. My last special Bourbon/special Occasion was to celebrate finding 7 bottles of the " Birthday Bourbon" and I pulled the plug/cork on one of them.Other than that I think I'm squarely in Linn's camp .

Taster

Yes , Dave , 10 YO 107 Proof and my special occasion was at the cookout at our house this year when i got to meet alot of you nice people. Hope to see you all next year.. Amelia C.