Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flasks

Hybrid View

Enthusiast

Flasks

I'd really like one of these for my birthday next year...but I'd take one for Christmas as well.

Kellam's kuksa and flasks

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Flasks

Only $458 for the ten ouncer. What a bargin!

The Boss

$$$458??????????????

What, does it have autosuck or something?

Guru

They are nice but I share Jim's astonishment! That's ok, I'll stick with my $10 Wild Turkey flask I got down at this years festival. Gets me through the day just the same haha.

Disciple

Alternatives

I just got back from the state store and they started bringing out the Holiday gift packs. They had a Bottling of Jim Black with a spiffy hip flask and they were selling it for exactly two dollars LESS than the Bottle of bourbon by itself!!

That sounds like a plan to me!

LOL
    TomC

The Boss

I regret not having picked up a few of those, as they would have made great Christmas gifts. I made the mistake of telling my brother that the WT flasks were even available. Next time, I keep my mouth shut

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Well Texascarl , no one's passing the hat at the moment but I'm sure if you've been good all year , it's bound to happen. ( I'll do my part!)

Enthusiast

To Anyone That Is Listening!: If somebody is dumb enough to buy TexasCarl one, I'll take one too! I just had a birthday-it's not to late. Seriously, they're nice, but how much craftsmenship can run that tab up to $458!? Does that include round trip air-fare to Finland to pick it up?! See ya'll H'wood

Enthusiast

Dang it boys, quit trying to pee on my parade. You don't want to waste $450 on a hipflask, well, that's your bidness but quit howling. I might have been able to fool the unwary, but not now. Guess I'll make do with my trusty 3 oz pewter flask, but you have to admit that these are purty.

Actually, the price is all whack because they're handmade in Finland. The wily Finns (rightly) won't work for free, and we have a rotten exchange rate with almost all the Skandahoovian countries.

FYI, there are also some really nice knives at that site...look around, but don't come running to me if the one you like costs a week's wages.

web page

Advanced Taster

I just took a quick look at the sight, Carl. You're right about the knives - I have an old puukko knife that I used to use for general fishing and outdoor work. It holds an edge sharp enough to cut air. I'll never part with it.

Ralph Wilps