Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noah's Mill

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Noah's Mill

There is nothing wrong with non-distiller producers, so long as the customer understands what he or she is getting. KBD does a lot of bottling for other non-distiller producers but this is one of their own brands. Producers such as KBD are to be commended for making extra-aged bourbons and ryes available when the majors were taking that whiskey and just blending it away. The only reason I tend to avoid them is because profiles tend to be inconsistent, since they have to take what they can get, and because I can usually get something similar at a better price directly from a distiller.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    There is nothing wrong with non-distiller producers, so long as the customer understands what he or she is getting. KBD does a lot of bottling for other non-distiller producers but this is one of their own brands. Producers such as KBD are to be commended for making extra-aged bourbons and ryes available when the majors were taking that whiskey and just blending it away. The only reason I tend to avoid them is because profiles tend to be inconsistent, since they have to take what they can get, and because I can usually get something similar at a better price directly from a distiller.
    I think you just perfectly expounded upon my thought, Chuck -- thanks!
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Rowan's Creek 12yo and Noah's Mill 15yo (my first SB.com review!: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...35&postcount=1) were reasonable buys when age-stated.
    Today, without the ages and with who-knows-what in the bottle, they may as well be another label.

Virtuoso

I enjoyed my Noah's Creek but would have enjoyed it more if it didn't blow it's top in my car on a not so hot day. I think KBD needs better wax. I also have a bottle of Rowan's Creek that cracked it's wax seal sitting on my bar.
    I haven't tried it with any water but may try it next served that way. I know a store that has some 15 year age statents on the label and I'm thinking it's a decent price for 16 year old 114 proof whiskey and should get another.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Taster

I finally got around to getting a bottle of this at a decent price ($44) and didn't notice until I got home that it is now NAS. When did this happen and has anyone compared the new with the 15yo? Mine is Batch# 08-129.
    Fwisge For All!

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Specs is the big chain retailer in Houston, probably with about 30 locations. I have been into several and they all recently have a "Manager's Note" below shelf tag on Noah's Mill and Rowan Creek, stating 15 and 12 YO bourbons. I pointed out the fact they were lying but it was wasted on a clueless employee.

Quote Originally Posted by jimibourbonhammered View Post
    I finally got around to getting a bottle of this at a decent price ($44) and didn't notice until I got home that it is now NAS. When did this happen and has anyone compared the new with the 15yo? Mine is Batch# 08-129.
    Its been about two years now since I first saw some of the NAS stuff in the Midwest - I was out there working at the time. I am kicking myself for not getting more of the Age Stated of this as well as the others in the collection.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"