Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Can you still buy Ezra B 12 year? HELP!

This bourbon will always be important to me, because it is my "gateway bourbon." This is the bourbon that got me excited and then hooked on all the real possible flavors that bourbon has to offer...and the best part is, when it's compared to bottles that are 2 or 3x as expensive, I still think it's better.

To be honest, I think Ezra B is the best bourbon I've had under $80 a bottle....but now I can't find it ANYWHERE. Does anyone know where a guy like me can score a bottle or two of Ezra B? I'm talking about the hand labeled, blue waxed Ezra B 12 year, with the blue and gold trimmed tassle on the bottle....anyone know what I'm tawkin' 'bout?

If anyone could help me find a way to get my hands on this, why I sure would be grateful!

Thanks!

B
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Virus_Of_Life; 03-10-2009 at 20:19.

Trippah and Admin

Re: Can you still buy Ezra B 12 year? HELP!

I saw a bottle in Buffalo, NY last weekend. You joined a week too late.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Aw, dang it!

Thanks though!

Trippah and Admin

It is still out there, but you will need an assist to get it. I saw a number of bottles of it in South Carolina last summer as well.

Good luck on your quest!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    It is still out there, but you will need an assist to get it. I saw a number of bottles of it in South Carolina last summer as well.

Good luck on your quest!
    Is it out of production?

I think I saw one last week here in BG, but I am not certain.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Disciple

I think I know of 1 or 2 -- I'll check the stores this weekend.
    Kevin

"Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

Connoisseur

Check out internet wines they still show it as available.

http://www.internetwines.com/gz28404.html

Good Luck!! I will look around out west if I find any I will let you know.

Trippah and Admin

When I said that he would need an assist to get it, I was thinking he was in Oregon where they don't allow shipments from stores (IIRC). I don't know if Warshington has the same restrictions.

I believe it is available here in Oregon, but I have to warn you the last bottle I had was horrible! This being a bottler only single barrel product you are going to experience a wide variation in the product and may find you hate your next bottle. I'll check a liquor store this week sometime to see if it is still here and would suggest you try others; however if you are still hellbent on getting it PM me.

Oh, and I took out your link to that other site. We all know what you're talking about trust me.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Wow, thank you everyone!!!! I really didn't expect y'all to jump on this so quick and offer to help me out, especially to a newbie. Thank you, everyone!

One question comes up though...what exactly does a "bottler only single barrel product" mean, specifically? I thought that this whiskey was made by Ezra Brooks, where they pick the best tasting barrel they have, and then put it away for 12....where am I going wrong on this? Any info would be greatly appreciated....

As you can tell, I'm still a newbie to a lot of this stuff...I am pumped to learn more about bourbon though, so feel free to lecture/wax rhapsodic about the whole thing!

Cheers,

B~