Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Guru

Henry McKenna Single Barrel - Q

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ead.php?t=3674

The original thread is closed but looking over Heaven Hills product list...I noticed this whiskey that seems to be reletively rare...Binny's does not list it...and as I enjoy regular Henry McKenna this version looks really appealing.
    Does anyone know how widely it is distributed? It would be a definite pick up for me if I can find it.

http://www.heaven-hill.com/brands-bourbon.shtml

HH has so many brands - many appear to be export only...maybe you can find them in KY....Sam Clay 12 yr old?
    Old 1889 4 YO 80 proof Bourbon ?
    Old 1889 Royal Bourbon?
    Sam Sykes Black Bourbon
    Samuels 1844 Bourbon

These are just a few...are all produced currently?
    If so, what an operation they run.

http://www.whiskyportal.com/distille...ill+Distillery

Disciple

Re: Henry McKenna Single Barrel - Q

I see it occasionally in New England but have yet to pull the trigger.
    Kevin

"Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

Disciple

Like Kevin said, it is available if you look, but for some reason, I gravitate away from HH products once they get above the $20-25 range....not sure why.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Guru

It's generally available here in Northern KY. A very nice pour.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

I got a bottle from Binny's last year. It wasn't on their site, but I just asked the question and they did have some.

I would suggest calling or emailing Brett Pontoni.
    brett@binnys.com

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Guru

Thanks! I will stop by my local store and check on availability.

Enthusiast

Plenty of places carrry McKenna SB in my area. I see little discussion about it in SB. Picked up a bottle a couple weeks ago. Have not tried it yet but looking foward to opening it. Would like to hear what others have to say about it.
    TJ

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Boozer View Post
    Plenty of places carrry McKenna SB in my area. I see little discussion about it in SB. Picked up a bottle a couple weeks ago. Have not tried it yet but looking foward to opening it. Would like to hear what others have to say about it.
    TJ
    This post inspired me to have a pour from my opened bottle. Barrel #357, 5/27/1997. Really like this expression, has a similar minty bite to the one I taste in OFBB 2007. A few drops of water seem to really open this bourbon up for me. I was in Raleigh NC for thanksgiving and they had the McKenna SB on sale for $23 ($5 off) and I've been kicking myself for not buying it then. I had this current bottle, but hadn't tried it. Goes for about $29 in Louisville - will be even higher after April 1 .

Enjoy,

Joel

Binnys have added it to their site, $29.99

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Boozer View Post
    TJ
    It's OK. It's nice that it's a 10 y/o BiB, but I don't think it really distinguishes itself from rest of the HH pack, at least the couple bottles I've had. For the money I think FC or EC 12 are better choices.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog