Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: Henry McKenna Single Barrel - Q

Tastes differ, but I like it better than FC by a bunch. I've only had two bottles but they were consistent. It doesn't compare with EC 18 but I'd rank it equal =/- with EC 12. However regular H McK is one of my regular bar bourbons, the other being VOB. In fact we had H McK single barrel last night, unfortunately the bottle went with this mornings recycle so I can't tell you which barrel it was.

Disciple

Re: Henry McKenna Single Barrel - Q

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Tastes differ, but I like it better than FC by a bunch. I've only had two bottles but they were consistent. It doesn't compare with EC 18 but I'd rank it equal =/- with EC 12.
    I agree with Stu. I had a blind taste of this the other night courtesy of Mr. Kickert and it was very tasty. Much better than FC in my opinion and maybe on par with EC12, but far less complex to me, so maybe it'd be hard to justify the extra $ to make it a regular pour, but it was very sweet....in a good way. I will definitely buy it next time I see it. Here are my tasting notes:

Color: light amber
    Nose: Caramel, vanilla, tropical fruit
    1st Sip: fruit continues & grass
    Next: Tons of sugar and a little spice -- ultra sweet
    Finish: clean but with some char but very little wood, a little grassiness, the hallmark of Heaven Hill
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy