Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Spring '09

I recently returned from a trip to upstate New York and visited the Cooperstown Brewing Company in Milford. I picked up a six pack of each of their offerings but have been particulary impressed with the Nine Man Ale. Goes nicely with Elmer T. Lee, I might add.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Went to a local brewpub today called Copper Canyon and met up with my boy Will aka Special Reserve.

He had one of their seasonal offerings, their porter and I had a short glass of their summer wheat and then a short glass of the porter. Both good, the wheat was really unique.

Beer is good, beer with a friend, better.
    Where is the Copper Canyon - I haven't heard of this one?
    I had a bottle of Dragons Milk from the MI New Holland brewery this weekend. Dark, malty, lightly-hopped. Highly recommended.
    Craig

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    Where is the Copper Canyon - I haven't heard of this one?
    I had a bottle of Dragons Milk from the MI New Holland brewery this weekend. Dark, malty, lightly-hopped. Highly recommended.
    Craig
    I'll have to check that out.

Copper Canyon is in Southfield, around 11 mile & Lahser/NWestern HWY
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

I did go for an eating and drinking day trip to Stockholm yesterday and had some good beers. Mostly Swedish micro but also Titan IPA and Goose island bourbon county stout. I believe Monks café is the only places were they have this stout in Sweden. They give you a chocolate truffle for free when you order it and it tasted as usual very good. When I have had it 2 or 3 times before I think it was about 11 % alc but this time it was 13. I think it must be very craftsmen like when the alcohol level differ that much between different batches.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Connoisseur

I had a Ramstein Maibock last weekend. Ramstein is a wheat beer brewer based in NJ. I had this one on draft and it was excellent. Really nice beer with lots of great flavors. I need to try more of their beers but they are a bit hard to find even in NJ.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkyBanjo View Post
    I need to try more of their beers but they are a bit hard to find even in NJ.
    Ain't it a b*tch, too? NJ- one of the smallest states in area (so distribution shouldn't be too hard) yet one of the largest in both population density and per capita income (so, lots of potential customers for craft beer) but with only 5 actual craft breweries (as opposed to brewpubs) - most have very limited available throughout the state. In central NJ, I don't think I've ever seen High Point or Cricket Hill beers on tap, and Climax is pretty rare, as well.

A new "craft beer bar" (or, at least, an attempt at one- they've gone so far as call themselves a "microbrewery" even tho' there's no brewing on site- The Cellar Lounge ) opened in Hamilton, NJ. When I suggested to them (over on Beer Advocate) that with 15 taps, they should concentrate on getting some NJ crafts, the reply implied they'd consider getting a Flying Fish *or* River Horse beer. In the meantime they have 3 different Magic Hat beers on tap, and 7 different A-B-InBev beers. (And, yeah, A-B's got a brewery in Newark...).
    Last edited by jesskidden; 08-21-2009 at 01:33.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jesskidden View Post
    Ain't it a b*tch, too? NJ- one of the smallest states in area (so distribution shouldn't be too hard) yet one of the largest in both population density and per capita income (so, lots of potential customers for craft beer) but with only 5 actual craft breweries (as opposed to brewpubs) - most have very limited available throughout the state. In central NJ, I don't think I've ever seen High Point or Cricket Hill beers on tap, and Climax is pretty rare, as well.

A new "craft beer bar" (or, at least, an attempt at one- they've gone so far as call themselves a "microbrewery" even tho' there's no brewing on site- The Cellar Lounge ) opened in Hamilton, NJ. When I suggested to them (over on Beer Advocate) that with 15 taps, they should concentrate on getting some NJ crafts, the reply implied they'd consider getting a Flying Fish *or* River Horse beer. In the meantime they have 3 different Magic Hat beers on tap, and 7 different A-B-InBev beers. (And, yeah, A-B's got a brewery in Newark...).
    Luckily by me (Morristown area) I have a few options within driving distance. I can get a lot of good micros on tap and have great selections of everything available to NJ at local liquor stores. I usually find River Horse and Flying Fish but rarely any of the smaller ones. Don't know why.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Thumbs up Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Spring '09

Picked up a large bottle of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale. Enjoying it very much, right now. Very "piney". It's very chewy. Kinda rye breadish. Extremely long finish. This is seriously good beer.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Advanced Taster

Dark Lord, Ithaca 10, and some Saison from 1995. All amaaaazing.

Guru

A local brew from Hangar 24. They are using local ingredients and this Orange Wheat expression recounts the Citrus industry that used to dominate the Riverside area. Refreshing and quite easy to drink.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.