Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Spring '09

Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    Joe! I'm so jealous! Fat Tire is my favorite beer. I will say that their breach of the Mississippi River is encouraging as they might find their way up to Maine sometime soon.
    I really like it too, Andy. They have it on tap at the hotel in Garden Grove, CA that I stay at, when I'm out there on business. You know what, though? I actually enjoy it more out of the bottle, as compared to draught. And, I've had several from each over the years. Go figure. It seems a little more crisp and flavorful from the bottle.

Well here's hoping that the march of FT doesn't go like Sherman's, and burn down Atlanta and head to the sea; but rather, heads north to Maine.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I really like it too, Andy. They have it on tap at the hotel in Garden Grove, CA that I stay at, when I'm out there on business. You know what, though? I actually enjoy it more out of the bottle, as compared to draught. And, I've had several from each over the years. Go figure. It seems a little more crisp and flavorful from the bottle.

Well here's hoping that the march of FT doesn't go like Sherman's, and burn down Atlanta and head to the sea; but rather, heads north to Maine.
    I've started seeing Fat Tire in cans lately...cheaper than the bottles and easier to take with you camping.

Seems strange that we can get most of the Allagash line in California, but New Belgium hasn't made it to Maine yet.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    Joe! I'm so jealous! Fat Tire is my favorite beer. I will say that their breach of the Mississippi River is encouraging as they might find their way up to Maine sometime soon.
    Fat Tire was my first beer when I turned 21. Had it at the Shady Nook in Salmon Idaho following my second day of helicopter crewmember training.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Disciple

~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Guru

Ice cold Molson Golden.
    ovh

Disciple

Liberty ale.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Disciple

~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by augustgarage View Post
    I've started seeing Fat Tire in cans lately...cheaper than the bottles and easier to take with you camping.

Seems strange that we can get most of the Allagash line in California, but New Belgium hasn't made it to Maine yet.
    Our wedding photographer, a very dear friend of ours from Colorado, surprised me with a 12 pack of Fat Tire cans at our wedding reception and it was most welcome! I agree about them being more portable . . . I'd like to see more quality beers in cans.

As far as Fat Tire in Maine goes, I can only hope. When I lived in CO, the only East Coast microbrew available there was Allagash White, which I thought was amazing because there are so many craft breweries in New England. I have always understood it that New Belgium didn't come East of the Mississippi River like Coors in the Smokey & The Bandit days (although, admittedly, this is probably mostly hearsay and conjecture). Joe has given me hope with their presence in GA -- hopefully it will make it's way up here.

Quite a few New Englanders have lived in CO and vice-versa . . . it's like "New England West" . . . lots of Fat Tire fans up here also . . . come on, New Belgium . . . make it happen!

"A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post
    Man after my own heart. Have you tried the Huma-Lupa-Licious from Short's in Bellaire, MI? Very good stuff.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Thanks, Joe -- that's not a Yankee joke, is it?

"A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy