Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast

Re: Hello From Virginia Beach

Welcome! Glad you found this site, it's a great place and I can't believe how much I have learned about bourbon in sush a short time.

By the way.. I will be in Virgina Beach on the first week of July for vacation (family in Norfolk), maybe I will swing in the bbq joint you work at and say hi. I love good bbq.

are there any decent liquor stores in the VA beach area that I might find some good bourbon selection?

Cheers!

Kevin
    -Kevin

"Why? Because it's delicious!"

Bourbon always did make me feel like a Giant.

Advanced Taster

Thumbs up Re: Hello From Virginia Beach

Quote Originally Posted by chefnash51 View Post

are there any decent liquor stores in the VA beach area that I might find some good bourbon selection?

Kevin
    Well Va is a control state so we only have ABC stores, some are better than others but there is limited selection and no chance of finding dusties, but we do have VG90 wich is hard to find in some places and its only about $20 I suggest looking up the state ABC website for a list of products, prices, and locations (they even list whats currently on sale).
    -Jon V
    I Don't Need No Instructions To Know How To Rock!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CygnusX-1 View Post
    Well Va is a control state so we only have ABC stores, some are better than others but there is limited selection and no chance of finding dusties, but we do have VG90 wich is hard to find in some places and its only about $20 I suggest looking up the state ABC website for a list of products, prices, and locations (they even list whats currently on sale).
    nice thanks for getting back to me. Actually I have been looking for VG90, so I will definitely try and pick that up. And I will check out the ABC website.

Cheers!
    -Kevin

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Kevin, definitely keep an eye out for the sales, while you're in Virginia. I get to Bristol several times a year, and every time I go there, I stop in an ABC store in town. They always seem to have really great sales. I've picked up Berheim at $29, and ETL at $19. Much lower than I've seen them in other places.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Kevin, definitely keep an eye out for the sales, while you're in Virginia. I get to Bristol several times a year, and every time I go there, I stop in an ABC store in town. They always seem to have really great sales. I've picked up Berheim at $29, and ETL at $19. Much lower than I've seen them in other places.
    wow, those are much cheaper then I can get up in CT. Thanks - I will be checking for sales for sure.

I have always wanted to pull the trigger on the Berheim, but the $50 price always keeps me away.
    -Kevin

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by chefnash51 View Post
    I have always wanted to pull the trigger on the Berheim, but the $50 price always keeps me away.
    I picked up a bottle of the Berhiem Wheat last month on sale for $25.99, but not all the stores have it
    -Jon V
    I Don't Need No Instructions To Know How To Rock!

Connoisseur

CygnusX-1 I am going to be in Va beach over this coming weekend. If you are working Saturday night let me know I am always in the mood for BBQ and meeting fellow SBers.

Quote Originally Posted by CygnusX-1 View Post
    I picked up a bottle of the Berhiem Wheat last month on sale for $25.99, but not all the stores have it
    I also was able to pick up a bottle of Berhiem when it went on sale the last time. I think mine was a little more, but no where near $50
    Last edited by independant; 04-07-2009 at 13:27.

Novice

Check out the Pacifica Little Bar Bistro at 40th St and Pacific, They have about the best selection of bourbons of all the places I tried during a very long stay in VA Beach last year. Also very good food.

Always went to Jakes for BBQ, best in the Beach, do the Verizon techs still eat there a couple times a week? Hoping to get back that way in a few months, still have a few friends there.