Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Christmas Turkey

Folks,
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I bet you are covered in leftover turkey and ham. (Eternity is one person and a ham... ) A Kentucky HotBrown is a great way to use that stuff.
    There are lots of recipes and variations. Basically, take a couple of pieces of toast and put them in an oven-safe dish. Cover it with turkey (and some ham if you'd like) and a couple of slices of tomato. (I've even had it with Broccoli tucked in there.)
    Make a pretty thick roux (flour and butter white sauce) and add your favorite cheese. I like Monterey Jack and Colby, but sharp Cheddar...almost anything will work (except Cheezwhizz... ). And bake/broil.
    Here are a couple of recipes and the baking/broiling instructions:
    http://www.bourbonrecipes.com/hotbrown/hotbrown.html
    (Please, please the rest of this site isn't ready for primetime yet so, if you poke around, overlook all the dead-ends and broken links. Someday they will really go places...I promise... )
    I splashed Bourbon in the cheese sauce for my last HotBrown and it was wonderful.
    Enjoy!
    Beej

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Re: Christmas Turkey

Brenda , put down that glass of 12 year old Wild Turkey and finish the site. With links to Hot&Fast and Slow&Go at least put pictures of naked savage females on the warpath until you can get the other stuff up, whatever it was!

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah! Don't forget hotlinks to the Swedish Bikini Barrel Rolling Team & Bardstown Girls Gone Wild!

Disciple

BEEJ,

Thanx so much for the recipes. Jessica has been looking fo a recipe ever since she had that when we all had dinner that night during the festival. With all the leftover ham and turkey floating around here, I am sure that it will be on the menu soon!

TomC

Connoisseur

Hey Bobby & guys!
    I sure have missed everybody! I had to laugh when I came on this...between you thinking of naked savage women, and Linn talking about Bardstown Girls Gone Wild, my imagination took off.
    I got a mental picture of what a Bardstown Girls Gone Wild video using my friends would be like, and laughed until I cried. When I flash a guy, I would like to think I'm giving him an appetite, instead of taking his away... If you catch me holding anything up for the camera, it would most likely be a couple of bottles of really good Bourbon or, a rack or two of pit cooked ribs...
    Bj