Hi everyone, been lurking here for a while, finally decided to join up. I've enjoyed bourbon for years (my grandpa and his Ancient Age n' 7-up probably had something to do with it ) I've got a good idea of what top-shelf stuff I like (GTS, Booker's, WTRB) but lately I've been trying to find the perfect weeknight pour. When I get home from work, I often like just a plain old whiskey on the rocks. Nothing fancy, just something cool and bourbony - on the weekends I can go crazy with neat CS stuff.

WT101 used to be my "go-to" bottle, but, and it pains me to say it, the higher proof is just a little much for a weeknight pour these days . So, I've been trying out the various mid-to-bottom shelf 80-90 proof handles. So far, I've gone through:

Old Forester
AAA 10 Star
Weller SR

Out of these, I thought the 10 Star and the Weller were the pick of the litter (working my way through the Weller right now). So, I was wondering if there is anything else I should try along these lines (80-90 proof,~ $25/handle)? I'm in the DFW area, so I'm limited by the selection at Goody Goody/Sigel's/etc. (which seems like a pretty good selection, actually).

Thanks!