Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hello from Las Vegas, NV!

Hello everyone! Just found this place while searching for the best glassware to use to get the most out of my bourbon!

My history with bourbon started in my senior year of high school, buying 1/5th of Jim Beam. Never truly appreciated it back then but came to love Jacob's Well (while it lasted) and began to drink more for the taste and enjoyment than the effect. In the last year I have begun to rebuild my cabinet with some of my favorites being Elijah Craig, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, Bulleit, 1792, and of course Jacobs's Well (which I still have 6 bottles that only comes out on the very rare occasion!)! I just bought a bottle of Basil Hayden's and Bookers this weekend to enjoy with some friends and was really surprised by how much I loved the Bookers!

I hope to use this board to further my knowledge of bourbons and learn to enjoy it even more!

Advanced Taster

Re: Hello from Las Vegas, NV!

Welcome to the site. If you enjoy the Booker's and can find it, I would recommend a bottle of George T Stagg. It's another barrel proof bourbon and one of my all time favorites.

=Chris

Thanks for the suggestion! We seem to have a pretty good selection here in Vegas so hopefully I will be able to find it!

Welcome aboard Matt. Sounds like you've got some nice bourbons to start out with. Just be careful. You'll need a bigger cabinet pretty soon. Hope you like it here. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Virtuoso

Welcome Art!

In your opinion, what's the best liquor store in Vegas?
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Taster

Welcome Art. I make it to Vegas every now and then. You'll have to send me a list of good dusty liquor stores to find the good stuff. I'd like to try that Jacobs well. I never heard of it. But I haven't been drinking bourbon too long.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ART ANDREWS View Post
    Hello everyone! Just found this place while searching for the best glassware to use to get the most out of my bourbon!
    Welcome aboard Art Hope you enjoy yourself here first off If your looking for glasses there's two types the Glencairn here's a post where you can get them for a good price http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ad.php?t=11020

The second are the Riedel Whiskey glasses and the place that has the best price on them is Knob Creek's web site https://www.knobcreek.com/stillhouse

Check these out I not affiliated with either one neither is SB.com.

Anyway as I said welcome aboard If you have any questions someone will be happy to answer them for you. We would love to hear you opinions on different bourbons or anything else. Have a good time make some new friends and post often. Paul
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.