Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

BIB - Old Bourbon Hollow

I picked up a bottle of this on recent Sampler trip. It is a BIB Jim Beam product. Bottle cost was $11. I thought it would be very close in taste to Jim Beam White. Either it is older than 4 years or the 100 proof makes all the difference in the world. I don't like Beam White. I would rate Bourbon Hollow better than Barton BIB.

As we get warmer here in Texas, I will drink bourbon on lots of ice sitting outside. I typically pick inexpensive BIBs for this. Bourbon Hollow holds up well on the rocks.

Guru

Re: BIB - Old Bourbon Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
    I picked up a bottle of this on recent Sampler trip. It is a BIB Jim Beam product. Bottle cost was $11. I thought it would be very close in taste to Jim Beam White. Either it is older than 4 years or the 100 proof makes all the difference in the world. I don't like Beam White. I would rate Bourbon Hollow better than Barton BIB.

As we get warmer here in Texas, I will drink bourbon on lots of ice sitting outside. I typically pick inexpensive BIBs for this. Bourbon Hollow holds up well on the rocks.
    VA sells Old Bourbon Hollow. I have two bottles of the Beam juice but haven't opened them yet. I've had the OBH from OGB (DSP14) and it was pretty darn good. I'm tempted now to open Hollow and give it a turn. It's about $11 here also and I think that's a pretty good price for a BIB.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Connoisseur

Re: BIB - Old Bourbon Hollow

I think I will pick up a bottle of this tomorrow. I'm always looking for a cheap house bourbon and it being a BIB just adds.
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion