Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kid Rock and Red Stag plus more rock stars and bourbon

Two rocker and bourbon stories you all may enjoy ..

First, we just learned today that Kid Rock is partnering with Red Stag for his summer tour to raise funds for Operation Homefront, a non-profit providing assistance to America’s military veterans returning home to their families.
    Link to that story - http://www.bourbonblog.com/2009/05/k...-red-stag.html

Second, I interviewed singer-songwriter and author John Wesley Harding this week who has been talking about his love for Pogue, Baker's, Booker's and others in interviews lately. Invite you to listen to the podcast and read the story on this link - http://www.bourbonblog.com/2009/05/w...tar-loves.html

Looking forward to hearing more of your all's reviews on Red Stag once it is officially out everywhere!

Tom

Re: Kid Rock and Red Stag plus more rock stars and bourbon

Welcome back to the site Tom I enjoy your site very much. Stop back in more often. Paul
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Thanks for the updates Tom (both here, and via your email updates)......
    Does anyone know if Red Stag will get international release?

Connoisseur

Kid Rock is such a massive bag of douche. He is the perfect spokesman to sell Jim Beam products. What are they thinking? Yeah let's use a washed up "musician" that has an identity crisis and has tried to reinvent himself as a Southern country/rock artist, when he is from friggin' DETROIT. Just because he has befriended Hank Williams Jr., who is also a sellout, he thinks the world has accepted his transformation. Not I. Never. Long live Hank Sr. and long live Hank III.

P.S. It's the hangover talkin'. I'll be more positive come 5 o'clock. I promise.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by theDon View Post
    Kid Rock is such a massive bag of douche. He is the perfect spokesman to sell Jim Beam products. What are they thinking? Yeah let's use a washed up "musician" that has an identity crisis and has tried to reinvent himself as a Southern country/rock artist, when he is from friggin' DETROIT. Just because he has befriended Hank Williams Jr., who is also a sellout, he thinks the world has accepted his transformation. Not I. Never. Long live Hank Sr. and long live Hank III.

P.S. It's the hangover talkin'. I'll be more positive come 5 o'clock. I promise.
    it's OK....i prefer rob zombie and marilyn manson to KR...

BUT, i am curious about the Red Stag....i mean, it sounds like it was made for a cocktail....can't see it being anything else.

at least it's a good cause, but yeah, Hank Sr....my grandmom saw him....alabama....loooong ago........
    HUP!

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I thought Kid Rock was an odd choice. I didn't think that was the direction they were going with Red Stag. I thought it was going to be a cocktail culture appeal. I don't see Kid Rock fans mixing fancy drinks or, for that matter, using glassware.

Beam has been tied-in with Operation Homefront for a couple of years. It seems like a good organization.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theDon View Post
    Kid Rock is such a massive bag of douche... he is from friggin' DETROIT...
    Around these parts, Kid Rock seems to enjoy a good reputation. His offerings are not my cup of tea, but he is generally well received by the community. I think largely because he supports it.

My nephew was in a local well known bar, and Kid Rocks comes in. He goes up to him and offers to buy him a beer, instead, Kid Rock bought a round for everybody in the bar.

No need to bag on Kid Rock or the D.

Will
    Last edited by Special Reserve; 05-31-2009 at 14:40.

Guru

I like Kid rock. I was not, at first, a huge fan of the rap/ country-rock infusions but it has grown on me and I do love the classic rock/country rock stuff.

I use glassware.

Connoisseur

He just keeps showing up at the Nashville country music award shows and it gets annoying. Nashville makes some crappy music and for him to align himself with their cookie cutter style of pop country just rubs me the wrong way. Texas country music is the only true country left in my opinion.

Any idea on the cost of a bottle of Red Stag? Seems like the way Beam does things you'll be paying out the ear. You will probably be able to buy a bottle of Beam white and a case of Cherry Cokes for what they will charge.

Advanced Taster

Red Stag runs about $20/750ml here in Colorado, and (I'm sort of afraid/embarrassed to admit) I think it tastes pretty ok straight.

I've had it twice now, both times on a couple of rocks. The Black Cherry flavoring is quite pronounced, but natural tasting and not too syrupy IMO.

And... I think it's more aimed at the Kid Rock sort than the Martini sipping crew, as it's cheap and sort of plainly packaged with a screw-top.

Anyway, that's what little I know of it. I was scared when I first saw it, and while it's nowhere near as good as most 'regular' bourbons - it's ok.
    True Liquid-Love: Pappy 15 . Lot B . GTStagg . ETLee . VWFRRye . Baby Saz