Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana
    Posts
    36

    A little Compassion Needed

    I have been a lurker and have been sampling most pours that I recieved a recommendation for. I settled on a daily pour of the Old Weller Antique 107. Getting it has been very spotty and I buy all that I can find. I just checked 23 liquor stores in my area and found one bottle. Checked online and found some in California and Texas but the will not ship. Would like to buy at least a case of it. Any help would be appreciated. dunk60@gmail.com

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,191

    Re: A little Compassion Needed

    Dunk, You're not that far from Chicago. I'm sure that Binny's could take care of your needs with no problem. Joe
    Last edited by fishnbowljoe; 05-27-2009 at 17:42.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana
    Posts
    36

    Re: A little Compassion Needed

    Thanks fish, i contacted them and they do not ship to Indiana but I can make a run for the border. I sent them an e-mail asking for the location of the closest that has a case. I appreciated the info. Dunk

  4. #4
    Trippah and Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ahia
    Posts
    4,523

    Re: A little Compassion Needed

    South Bend to Chicagoland and back is an easy drive when you have a purpose.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

  5. #5
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    5,596

    Re: A little Compassion Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    South Bend to Chicagoland and back is an easy drive when you have a purpose.
    Yeah. Just put on a black suit, black hat, dark sunglasses, and head to Chicago on a Mission from God...
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  6. #6
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,080

    Re: A little Compassion Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Yeah. Just put on a black suit, black hat, dark sunglasses, and head to Chicago on a Mission from God...
    "We're gettin the band back together"
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

    Bob Marley.

  7. #7
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin
    Posts
    191

    Re: A little Compassion Needed

    Don't forget the clapped out old Dodge cruiser! Gotta have the cop engine, cop suspension, cop tires, and cop brakes!
    --
    in aqua vitae veritas
    Todd in Cheesecurdistan
    www.blueolives.com
    www.chicagopitbulls.org

  8. #8
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lynchburg, Va
    Posts
    643

    Re: A little Compassion Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Yeah. Just put on a black suit, black hat, dark sunglasses, and head to Chicago on a Mission from God...
    Don't forget at least half a pack of cigarettes
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    4,989

    Re: A little Compassion Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by dunk50 View Post
    I have been a lurker and have been sampling most pours that I recieved a recommendation for. I settled on a daily pour of the Old Weller Antique 107. Getting it has been very spotty and I buy all that I can find. I just checked 23 liquor stores in my area and found one bottle. Checked online and found some in California and Texas but the will not ship. Would like to buy at least a case of it. Any help would be appreciated. dunk60@gmail.com
    Wow, I've heard of thread drift, but this one got blown out to sea to with gale-force winds!

    But just let me say, if you can't find enough booze in a city with a large univeristy whose mascot is a beligerant, drunken Irishman, you've got bigger problems, brother.
    Last edited by Josh; 05-28-2009 at 06:27.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

  10. #10
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana
    Posts
    36

    Talking Re: A little Compassion Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Wow, I've heard of thread drift, but this one got blown out to sea to with gale-force winds!

    But just let me say, if you can't find enough booze in a city with a large univeristy whose mascot is a beligerant, drunken Irishman, you've got bigger problems, brother.

    Your right ALMOST, I use to drink JD and was a happy little camper. Then I found this site and everything went to hell. Hirsch, Van Winkle, Elmer T Lee, George Dickel #12 etc etc etc. Settled on the Weller for a daily pour and now look what happens. I'm on this site begging for help. AHHHHH the good ole days with ole #7 and no competition!!
    Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Advice needed
    By Stu in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 14:44
  2. More training needed
    By scopenut in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 11:17
  3. Help needed
    By jburlowski in forum Other American Whiskey
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 16:48
  4. Info Needed
    By dawng in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:12
  5. advice needed
    By DeWanzo in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-17-2002, 14:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top