Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Guru

Question 4 Roses expansion

Any more 4 Roses sightings? Should be in Ohio soon from what I was told back in June. Um, especially reply if you have seen some in Toledo
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

Re: 4 Roses expansion

Hopefully sooner than later. Ohio needs some new blood in its bourbon section!

Thomas

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Any more 4 Roses sightings?

Um, especially reply if you have seen some in Toledo
    Yeah good idea Josh, I doubt MI will see it during this current 15 state expansion. Canadian's own a huge market share here that is real tough to break into and that could discourage them, especially if they can move it fast in others states.
    ovh

Trippah and Admin

On my tour just before KBF, I was told "next year". A week later, my friend was told "soon", so it looks like it will be some time between soon and next year.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Connoisseur

Hope you get it soon. It's good stuff. Just got the Binny's select barrels 1 and 3.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Enthusiast

I saw and bought my first example of Four Roses Yellow Label today in Southern Florida. I was able to get a seller to make a special order of the Small Batch and Single Barrel but now I am begining to see the regular stuff trickle in. I like the new Four Roses a lot but I keep hearing the old Four Roses of the 1960s was not great booze. I do not know about that but I do know that Four Roses is very much the ticket for me.

Trippah and Admin

Here's my ham and egger version of the Four Roses brand history:

At one point (the 40's?) it was the most popular whiskey brand in the US of A. Seagrams got their dirty mitts on it and changed it from a straight whiskey to a blend since that was their specialty and it faded into oblivion in the US market.

I'm thinking that the 60's version that you speak of was the blend and from what I've read, it earned its poor reputation.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Disciple

Four Roses Bourbon was turned into an export only brand around 1957. From then until 2002, only Four Roses blended was sold in the US. When Kirin purchased Four Roses in 2002, The blend was discontinued and FR bourbon was again sold in the US, initially in Ky. and Indiana so that employees of FR could at least buy the product they were making. It has since snowballed from those beginnings!

Thomas

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Just returned from my neighborhood liquor store, and to my disbelief, there it was! Regular, Small Batch, and Single Barrel on the shelf. It's hit Georgia.

Actually, though, a bittersweet moment. I travel out of state frequently, and have been able to get as much of these as I want. And, I have taken some personal satisfaction in giving the unknown 4RSB's out as gifts for the last couple of years. Now, anybody can get them...I don't feel so special anymore... Boo Hoo. Sniff Sniff Nah, this is a great thing. Congrats, Four Roses and Jim Rutledge on getting your great product to another state. The Georgia Bourbon Society has been spreading your good name around for some time, now. I'm sure you'll be a hit here. I am sufficiently stocked, but I bought one of each today anyway, to show my support. Just don't anybody go tellin' Mrs. Smokinjoe........Oh crap, I charged it...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Enthusiast

I have a similar experience. I have gone out of my way to hit Kentucky that few summer vacations so I can load up on Four Roses. I reckon we will still be visiting Kentucky but I will be buying my Four Roses down the street.