Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

AAA 10 is getting scarce

I sent an email to Buffalo Trace trying to locate the distributor in my area. In the reply they said;

"The 10 ten old Ancient Ancient Age is getting very scarce. It is currently available in Kentucky and only a few other areas."

I'm new to this and don't know how often brands come and go but those of you that enjoy AAA 10 may want to stock up.

Unless brands become "scarce" for marketing purposes, and even then you may want to stock up before the price jumps.

John F

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: AAA 10 is getting scarce

Jesus; Mary, and Joseph! I'm so used to getting AAA 10 Y.O. on sale every three months ($21/1.75L) I just wouldn't know what to do without it! Egads Man! All Monies on deck! BUY! BUY! BUY! Man your drinking stations! Man your drinking stations! BUY! BUY! BUY! Thanks for the heads up John!

Disciple

Siphon some of that this way, my good man!!! A tavesty if I cannot get it any more!!

Tom ( Depressed ) C

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

I was a big fan of Triple A for many years. I recall it being rich, deep, caramel-like. A friend bought me a bottle from North Carolina recently. It struck me as completely different than it was: spirity, harsh, with a cidery/hot edge.

"Is it just me", or have others noticed a decline? Could the barrels formerly chosen for Triple A be going into some of the currently popular premium brands of Sazerac?

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Could the barrels formerly chosen for Triple A be going into some of the currently popular premium brands of Sazerac?

[/QUOTE]

Let's see, if I were a betting Man........
    This reminds me of a saying an acquantance used all the time, He 'd say " I've got Bad news and Good News , Bob"
    "The bad news is Old Granddad is going up...........
    The Good news is , They've got plenty of it!"

Is this like they are pulling out the honey barrels of a reasonably priced Bourbon and going to all premium Brands with it? Us poor smucks getting hosed again?
    It's Linn and Murphydawgs fault , They can't log on without saying how good this Bourbon is/was.
    Industry insiders read it everyday. " Damn boys thars gold in them Barrels!"
    One last thing , Ten High, now that's a drink you can't get too much of!

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: AAA 10 is getting scarce???

It's just you G.M.! I've been buying this bourbon for well over 15 years. It's always rich and wild and never fails to satisfy! It's; flavorful, comforting, and rambunctious! It flys; dives, and dances! Please don't buy anymore. O.K.?

Disciple

Yep it pretty much kicks ass, I have found nary a problem with it so far.

TomC

Disciple

Everything Old is New (for more $$$)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Industry insiders read it everyday. " Damn boys thars gold in them Barrels!"

[/QUOTE]

Yes Bobby its sad, you watch they will pull some stunt like taking the same AAA we know and love, kicking it up a few proof points (say 95 or so), repackaging it all fancy-like (like a lot of the BT products have been repackaged recently) and charging $25 for their "new small batch Ancient Ancient Age 10 Year". . . . . . . .I really hope this cynical rant is just that, and not the truth!

Tom (holding out hope) C

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Well I'll try it again. I do find the regular Ancient Agevery good, and probably today it is a well brand but it deserves better than that. I welcome products like Buffalo Trace (which is great) but one hopes the AA line will be maintained including both quality and extent of distribution.

Guru

Re: Everything Old is New (for more $$$)

I just came back from a weekend trip to VA and at two ABC stores I visited they had a very nice supply of AAA and it was on sale! I'll be trying it tonight for a first. Just wishing now I had bought 2 bottles!