Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Heaven Hill BIB

Hybrid View

Administrator in exile

Heaven Hill BIB

Today I was at Meijer's looking over the Bourbon Selection (damn I wish they would carry OF100 or AAA). Not wanting to purchase too much, as I expect to be receiving a bottle of KS on thanksgiving for my 30th birthday-which will be put to the test right away , I picked up a bottle of HH BIB. Armed with the knowledge that others do not regard HH bourbon that highly, and given its $8.50 price, I did not expect too much. I must say that I am really suprised at the quality of this bourbon. Nice full-body with lots of character. The finish is a little short, but for $8.50 I might just pick this one up again. They could do a little better on the packaging though. What do the rest of you think of this one?

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Re: Heaven Hill BIB

Jeff, you know how sometimes when governments have those diplomacy crisis and some talking head hopes the " Cooler Heads will Prevail"? That's essentially what we have at Heaven Hill. Max and his crew do a damn good job . They have some bottlings that are clearly in the rot gut camp, But are known as such. You will always get what you pay for here and a little to boot. Case in point EWSB low 20s could go higher on the shelf and make a damn good run on Mid 30 dollar Bourbons. Elijah Craig 15-16 bucks , If ever there was a brand to cannibalize and repackage to a forty dollar Bourbon , This is it . Knob Creek is another , but that's a different Mill. Someone at Heaven Hill cares about what's in those bottles!