Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

Bye Bye WLW 2008. Can't wait for next year's release. I think I have 1 or 2 in the bunker....
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Virtuoso

Another good one falls.... Pappy 20. I still have 3 in the bunker. I snapped them up 6 months ago because they were only $70 ea. They go for about 110+ now around here.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

No support needed....just wanted to say good bye or good riddance to the WRMC Four Grain, _down_the-drain_!
    sippin'

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Finished a bottle of ERSB tonight. Joe
    that makes two of us... and now all I have to drink are the things I don't want to drink. I think a bottle of 07 birthday bourbon will go next.....

Enthusiast

Indy's post got me to wondering...It's obvious he didn't like the WRMC 4 Grain. I didn't care for it and I haven't really seen much good written about it. Is there anyone out there who actually liked this stuff?
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

Guru

I had to bid farewell last night to a bottle of Rare Breed and an older tax-stamped bottle of Rittenhouse Rye (80 proof but absolutely full of flavor). I need to thin out the herd, so I'll be killing a few more bottles (ETL, Michter's Bourbon, EC12 and an Early Times bottled in 1976) in the next few days before opening any new ones. That 30+ year old bottle of Early Times is light years better than the current product--very nice stuff.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I had to bid farewell last night to... an older tax-stamped bottle of Rittenhouse Rye
    That sounds great.

Was it an Owensboro or Bardstown? I've had really good Barton and Medley versions. When that Medley juice grew up it became Sazerac and VW rye and Barton rye is hopefully coming soon to an Antique Collection near you (I'm hoping for a Fleischmann's Barrel Proof Rye to stand beside the Handy).

Roger

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rughi View Post
    Was it an Owensboro or Bardstown? I've had really good Barton and Medley versions. When that Medley juice grew up it became Sazerac and VW rye and Barton rye is hopefully coming soon to an Antique Collection near you (I'm hoping for a Fleischmann's Barrel Proof Rye to stand beside the Handy).
    Roger
    I actually have two bottles of the older Rittenhouse--one sadly now empty. They say "Continental Distilling Co., Owensboro, KY" on them. If I'm interpreting this correctly, the number on the bottom of the bottle seems to indicate that it's from 1980. When I bought them they were sitting next to a bottle of JW Dant BIB dated 1989, and all three were $11, so I was happy about that.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I actually have two bottles of the older Rittenhouse--one sadly now empty. They say "Continental Distilling Co., Owensboro, KY" on them.
    Mmmm...
    Medley Rye. The original Saz Jr., in a way.

Roger

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by IronHead View Post
    Indy's post got me to wondering...It's obvious he didn't like the WRMC 4 Grain. I didn't care for it and I haven't really seen much good written about it. Is there anyone out there who actually liked this stuff?
    Well John Hansell (of Malt Advocate) certainly liked it (at least the second release).
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."