Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97
  1. #81
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Quote Originally Posted by IronHead View Post
    Indy's post got me to wondering...It's obvious he didn't like the WRMC 4 Grain. I didn't care for it and I haven't really seen much good written about it. Is there anyone out there who actually liked this stuff?
    Well, I'm in the minority, but I really liked it. Is it $90 good? Not for me, but I still liked it. Would've liked it better in the $40-$50 range.

  2. #82
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,442

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Quote Originally Posted by IronHead View Post
    Indy's post got me to wondering...It's obvious he didn't like the WRMC 4 Grain. I didn't care for it and I haven't really seen much good written about it. Is there anyone out there who actually liked this stuff?
    Check out the thread that I have linked below.
    It is one of the best threads ever here on SB.com.
    WRFG wins an award from Malt Advocate and the members have some opinions to put it mildly, even John Hansell chimes in to explain the award.

    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ord+four+grain
    ovh

  3. #83
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Thx Oscar. Very nice thread.

  4. #84
    Trippah and Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ahia
    Posts
    4,705

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Now I just need someone to dust off their bottle and bring it to the Gazebo. I'm sure that I'll find it on the sacrificial rail and not the actual table, but I would like to try it to satisfy my morbid curiosity.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

  5. #85
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    340

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Just finished off the last pour of my EC12. I really enjoyed every drop and will be picking up another bottle on my next shopping spree.

  6. #86
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,388

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    Now I just need someone to dust off their bottle and bring it to the Gazebo. I'm sure that I'll find it on the sacrificial rail and not the actual table, but I would like to try it to satisfy my morbid curiosity.
    That can be arranged. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

  7. #87
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,388

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Lost some really good bottles from my starting lineup the past few days. 08 BTAC ER 17, Lot B, WTRR 101, and ER 101. I'm sure glad I have backups. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

  8. #88
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    WT101 goes down... best value on the market.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

  9. #89
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Lost some really good bottles from my starting lineup the past few days. 08 BTAC ER 17, Lot B, WTRR 101, and ER 101. I'm sure glad I have backups. Joe
    That list really hurts...I would probably cry if I had that many men down in a week! Although, I guess the bright side is you've had the privlage of having some great bourbon to drink!

  10. #90
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,388

    Re: Empty Bottle Support Group Summer '09

    Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    That list really hurts...I would probably cry if I had that many men down in a week! Although, I guess the bright side is you've had the privlage of having some great bourbon to drink!
    They were and are great bourbons. The saving grace is in the fact that I have backups in the bunker. (Thank goodness)

    Browsing through my stash when I got home from work today, I spotted another bottle with only one pour left. A 1989 Walker's Deluxe is now alongside the others in the recycle bin. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Empty Bottle Support Group Spring '09
    By fishnbowljoe in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 18:54
  2. Empty Bottle Support Winter '08/'09
    By spun_cookie in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 11:05
  3. Empty Bottles Support Group New & Improved
    By cowdery in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 20:28
  4. Empty bottle support group thoughts.....
    By 1990Z51 in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 16:54
  5. Empty Bottles Support Group
    By cowdery in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 494
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 19:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top