Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hello from Brooklyn, NY.

I'm Patrick, fairly recent (2 years) bourbon drinker from Brooklyn NY. I found this place looking for some I. W. Harper, a bourbon my Dad use to love. Anyway I look forward to learning and getting to know some of you!

Re: Hello from Brooklyn, NY.

Patrick welcome to the site, tell us about yourself and the bourbons you've tired. What have you liked and why, what didn't you like and why. Is there anything you want to try. Tell us your opinions we want to here them, ask as many questions as you like, we love to answer them. Post often and hopefully you'll make some new friends, that's what this site is all about. Chat is officially Sunday and Thursday night but is available anytime. There is a list of the abbreviations used on this site near the top of this thread to help you out. Have fun and welcome aboard.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

I'm 32, married with a 1 year old daughter. I work in midtown Manhattan in charge of running a commercial office building's daily operations.

I've tried plenty of bourbons. The best bourbon I've had to date was George T Stagg '07. This would be my go to bourbon if it was readily available and I could afford to drink it everyday. My everyday choice is probably Buffalo Trace. It was the first bourbon I had where I could actually pick out different flavors. I picked up 4/5 bottles of the '08 Antique Collection with WL Weller being the only one I missed...apparently it wasn't available in NY. Others I've had are Elmer T Lee, Old Forrester Birthday '07, Old Forrester Repeal Edition, Pappy Van 20yo, Van Winkle 12 yo, WL Weller Antique 07, WL Weller 107*, Bookers, Makers, Knob, Blantons, Woodford, Bulleit, Old Grandad, and some others.

I have an open bottle of Eagle Rare 17 '08 right now and enjoying that. I just finished a bottle of Van Winkle 12 yo that I though was excellent compared to the 20yo.

There are only a few things I want to try right now. Some I.W. Haper as this was my Dad's go to bourbon, and anything from the Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro View Post
    I'm 32, married with a 1 year old daughter. I work in midtown Manhattan in charge of running a commercial office building's daily operations.

I've tried plenty of bourbons. The best bourbon I've had to date was George T Stagg '07. This would be my go to bourbon if it was readily available and I could afford to drink it everyday. My everyday choice is probably Buffalo Trace. It was the first bourbon I had where I could actually pick out different flavors. I picked up 4/5 bottles of the '08 Antique Collection with WL Weller being the only one I missed...apparently it wasn't available in NY. Others I've had are Elmer T Lee, Old Forrester Birthday '07, Old Forrester Repeal Edition, Pappy Van 20yo, Van Winkle 12 yo, WL Weller Antique 07, WL Weller 107*, Bookers, Makers, Knob, Blantons, Woodford, Bulleit, Old Grandad, and some others.

I have an open bottle of Eagle Rare 17 '08 right now and enjoying that. I just finished a bottle of Van Winkle 12 yo that I though was excellent compared to the 20yo.

There are only a few things I want to try right now. Some I.W. Haper as this was my Dad's go to bourbon, and anything from the Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection.
    Great post keep posting
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro View Post
    The best bourbon I've had to date was George T Stagg '07.
    Welcome aboard, if you ever come across the '08 Stagg get it, it will make you forget about the '07.
    ovh

Virtuoso

And if you have 4 or 5 Staggs, you'll forget about everything

I've seen exactly one bottle of IW Harper while hunting for bottles...of course it made it home with me. You may have better luck in other areas of the country.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Welcome aboard, if you ever come across the '08 Stagg get it, it will make you forget about the '07.
    I have one bottle of '07 left and one bottle of '08...I haven't cracked the '08 yet, but I guess I should start looking for more.. I got lucky last year and found two bottles of '07 for $65 each.