Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Apprentice

Hello from Indiana

Hi, Iím new here and wanted to introduce myself. Iíve been drinking Bourbon for about 10years now, but have just recently (over the last year or two) really come to appreciate the finer bourbons, the taste not the history, that has always intrigued me. My wife and I toured the Bourbon Trail for our honeymoon, and got to try some great bourbon and see some fascinating country. We hit all the major distilleries, and a couple wineries along the way, we took in some of the local eateries, most notably the Old Talbert Tavern, and My Old Kentucky Dinner Train in Bardstown. Of the bourbons my favorite drink was always Makerís Mark, however, after the trail, it is still up top, but the Four Roses Small batch tops the list, in almost a dead heat with the Elijah Craig 18yo. The trip to Makerís Mark, was probably my favorite, with Woodford Reserve, being the next favorite.
    We even had to have our pastor that preformed our wedding, and his wife over when we got back for a privet tasting, and to share our experience with them, as they wanted to take their two collage age boys on the Bourbon trail some time this year.

Enthusiast

Re: Hello from Indiana

I couldn't think of a better way to spend a honeymoon - travelling the bourbon trail! Good to hear your pastor is enthusiastic about bourbon too, classic! God bless beautiful bourbon (and rye of course).

Welcome to SB.com from an antipodean peer, i'm sure you'll enjoy the topics and wit.

It is no secret that I love that elixir of the gods, bourbon.

Welcome aboard I'm doing the bourbon trail this fall during the KBF. I hope you like the site. Give us your insights from your years of experience. Drop by chat it's Thursday and Sunday nights it's the gazebo at the top of the forum. Are you going to the KBF this year? Post often make some new friends and have fun.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Welcome to the site Bigman. Greetings from a fellow Hoosier. I now reside in Illinois, but was born and raised in the Indy area. Glad you got to experience some of the sites in Bardstown and along the Bourbon Trail. It's a great area. Now you need to prepare for another journey. Fasten your seat belt and hold on tight. It can be a wild ride. There can be many twists and turns along the bourbon road. Most of them quite enjoyable. Bourbon is a wonderful and fascinating spirit. There are lots of folks here to help you enjoy what bourbon has to offer. There's a ton of information here, so do some searching of some old threads, and don't be afraid to post with comments or questions. Once again welcome, and let the fun begin. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Hiya.
    I'm new here as well, but not to the brown nectar of gods.... of Kentucky!
    What part of SE Indiana are you from?
    I grew up in Aurora.
    Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Apprentice

Actually, Iím central Indiana, live in the Lafayette area, and work in Indianapolis.