Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Connoisseur

Re: Brown-Forman Cooperage

Picked up a bottle of ET today out of curiosity. It tastes, no surprise, like bourbon. It is light, but that is mostly owing to its proof, I think. It's clearly got young whiskey in it, but interestingly, corn oil is balanced by a rye snappiness that I've gotten in some of the better Canadian whiskeys I've had (read: Lot 40). It has excellent balance and a good creme brulee thing going from light char and vanilla it has picked up in the barrel. I believe it will do well as a "display" whiskey in vattings, and it will be excellent mixed with Coke or consumed, as I had hoped when I bought it, in a session while watching football. Nothing to contemplate too deeply, but much better than most things in its price/proof range, at least among whiskeys available here.

Regards,

Guru

Re: Brown-Forman Cooperage

Joan and I took the cooperage tour last Friday. Just the two of us and the general manager. Fascinating and highly-recommended for those of you who haven't had the chance to see a working cooperage.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."